The Student Room Group

When should I book my ukcat for?

Hi everyone,

So I was wondering what everyone's opinions are about when the best time to sit the ukcat is?

Thanks!
August, before results day? As long as youre ready really.
Not from the UK so I don't know when your exams are, but I'd recommend booking it as early as possible while leaving maybe a 2 month gap minimum between it and your exams. You really don't need more than a month of intensive practice but some time to wind off after the exams probably wouldn't be a bad idea. It's good to do the test early - then you can spend the rest of the summer and the autumn thinking of other stuff like your personal statement and the BMAT, and also if you have to cancel the test for some reason you'd have plenty of time to do it on another occasion.
Reply 3
Do it towards the end of the summer holidays, I did it in school and it almost drove me insane having to do my EPQ, BMAT revision and get a personal statement draft in.

On another note, I would really reccommend using medify for practice. It gets you used to using the computer for maths questions and gives a better idea of timing than using the books.
Reply 4
We usually recommend to our UKCAT students that they sit their test earlier rather than later, especially if going into year 13. You don't want to have to juggle UKCAT on top of starting A2, submitting your personal statement, maybe doing BMAT etc. It is also good to try and book your test well in advance as spaces can fill up quickly and the test can always be postponed up until quite soon before the date.

Best of luck and let us know if you would like any more pointers/advice!

Alex, 4th year UCL medic
6med
Book it well in advance, ideally a couple/few weeks you go back! I booked mine for the 4th August but then moved as I realised that I didn't have enough time so then moved it to the 17th August (day before results day) and it made the end of August and going back much less stressful (that time's pretty stressful anyway with personal statement etc).

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest