English (Speaking) Speech Watch

Sana K
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In a few days I need to prepare a speech that will go towards to my English Speaking GCSE. It has to be a short speech atleast 3 minutes long and you can optionally use Q Cards and only take short pieces of information. Has anyone got any good topics I can do my speech on?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you interested in?

When I did mine, we had to include a debate as well. Do you have to include that as well?
Sana K
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Tiger Rag;70567010]What are you interested in?

We don't have debates we just have individual speeches. We basically get called outside alone and we say our speech in front of the teacher.
Sana K
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Sana K;70567052][QUOTE=Tiger Rag;70567010]What are you interested in?

I'm not really sure on what I'm interested in as long as my speech is a good topic that I can talk about and present efficiently. After presenting our teacher asks us a few questions and then grades us with either a fail, pass, merit or distinction.
LeonHtinsley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently in year 11 and I did my speech last year as a part of my GCSE which was given a distinction- My topic was terrorism as I felt this being so evident in the press recently was very easy to talk about and easy for me to expand on what I was saying to due it being such a horrible thing and at heart-I would recommend talking about:
The definition
Why it has increased
Effects of it
History of toursin (teacher was shocked at how early of a date the first case was from)
Cases of it (examples)
Personal opinion
Facts
I covered all of these parts and recieved the top grad e however it maybe a popular topic for students and also it's a very sensitive topic so avoid being racist/stereotyical-Another part of my speech which seemed to take teacher by shocked was the number of white terrorist and how newspapers seem to individualised muslims as terrorists more than white, even if the two was to commit the same offence-hope this helps and best of luck
Sunshine1512
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sana K)
In a few days I need to prepare a speech that will go towards to my English Speaking GCSE. It has to be a short speech atleast 3 minutes long and you can optionally use Q Cards and only take short pieces of information. Has anyone got any good topics I can do my speech on?
I have to do mine next Wednesday and I'm doing it on domestic violence because thats a topic I feel strongly about.
Is your teacher going to ask you questions?
Sana K
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunshine1512)
I have to do mine next Wednesday and I'm doing it on domestic violence because thats a topic I feel strongly about.
Is your teacher going to ask you questions?

Yes. Once we have finished she marks it and gives us a grade but before that she asks us a few questions.
rainerrg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did mine on sugar and its effects on the economy and general health which i believe is a very concerning topic that not many people talk about.
Coolkid786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Please could you recommend me any websites because I’ve tried looking especially on how it has increased many thanks
Coolkid786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LeonHtinsley)
I'm currently in year 11 and I did my speech last year as a part of my GCSE which was given a distinction- My topic was terrorism as I felt this being so evident in the press recently was very easy to talk about and easy for me to expand on what I was saying to due it being such a horrible thing and at heart-I would recommend talking about:
The definition
Why it has increased
Effects of it
History of toursin (teacher was shocked at how early of a date the first case was from)
Cases of it (examples)
Personal opinion
Facts
I covered all of these parts and recieved the top grad e however it maybe a popular topic for students and also it's a very sensitive topic so avoid being racist/stereotyical-Another part of my speech which seemed to take teacher by shocked was the number of white terrorist and how newspapers seem to individualised muslims as terrorists more than white, even if the two was to commit the same offence-hope this helps and best of luck
Please could you list me some good websites as I’ve tried to access the websites but can’t really find any information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (35)
9.26%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (73)
19.31%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (56)
14.81%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (42)
11.11%
How can I be the best version of myself? (113)
29.89%

Watched Threads