A Level History Edexcel Exam Technique Watch

Bluzx1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there!

Just wondering if there are any History exam technique tips since I'm doing Edexcel History (Option 2H) - British Society in transition and conformity and challenge in the USA

Spec is here:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...015_A_HIST.pdf

Thanks!
han1234678
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey!!

I'm doing exactly the same spec as you!!!

I think really the main thing to remember during exam technique is just to remember to say things like "crucially" and "turning point" and to keep making judgements throughout.

Obviously plenty of practice exams are really useful especially in exam conditions and having them marked by teachers but also I think that writing like sample essays that get full marks are helpful to show yourself how to get the top marks!!

Remembering to read through for errors is also important but writing a strong conclusion is more important!!

Also time management- all essays in edexcel A level history are 45 minutes so that's 5 'unites checking time and roughly 40 minutes to write it- it's really important that enough time is left for you to write all the essays.

Good luck!! Let me know if u can think of any others
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?