The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Deferred entry help

I'm going to request a deferred entry and if it is accepted I just want to know what happens then? On results day what will they say? What happens throughout the year will the uni still stay in contact to ask about accommodation/finance?
Reply 1
Original post by Hopetaylor98
I'm going to request a deferred entry and if it is accepted I just want to know what happens then? On results day what will they say? What happens throughout the year will the uni still stay in contact to ask about accommodation/finance?

On results day, you'll check UCAS Track and it will say your offer has been confirmed (if you met the conditional offer). The uni themselves might send you a congratulations email or letter. But assuming you do meet your offer, there's no need to phone them or have any direct contact.

The uni won't keep in regular contact with you. They have too many other things to do, and many gap year students do go away travelling etc so aren't contactable anyway. If you have any specific questions you can always ask them, though.

It's your responsibility to apply for finance. They don't need to tell you that. They might send you a reminder email, but they're not going to do more than that.

They will probably send you an email when accommodation applications open, but they might assume that you can check the website and find things out.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
On results day, you'll check UCAS Track and it will say your offer has been confirmed (if you met the conditional offer). The uni themselves might send you a congratulations email or letter. But assuming you do meet your offer, there's no need to phone them or have any direct contact.

The uni won't keep in regular contact with you. They have too many other things to do, and many gap year students do go away travelling etc so aren't contactable anyway. If you have any specific questions you can always ask them, though.

It's your responsibility to apply for finance. They don't need to tell you that. They might send you a reminder email, but they're not going to do more than that.

They will probably send you an email when accommodation applications open, but they might assume that you can check the website and find things out.

Thanks for your help!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending