The Student Room Group

Psychology Experimental Design

I am studying if gender has an effect on cognitive performance with the mental rotation test. If all the participants (100 females and 100 males) were all subjected to the same questionnaire with their average reaction time recorded for all 48 pictures what would the experimental design be?
Matched pairs design?
Reply 2
Original post by AppleB
Matched pairs design?

I considered that but the participants weren't split into different groups depending on their gender. It was an online trail with a random sample and out of all those that participated 100 from each gender were then selected so there was an even distribution of men and woman when comparing them?
Original post by AmyDetta
I considered that but the participants weren't split into different groups depending on their gender. It was an online trail with a random sample and out of all those that participated 100 from each gender were then selected so there was an even distribution of men and woman when comparing them?

Repeated measures design
There's a really good page on experimental designs on the psychologyhub.co.uk it explains each design and the strengths and weaknesses of using each design...that might help you decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending