The Student Room Group

I can't revise

I've got my my mocks on Monday and I want to revise throughly this weekend. However whilst i'm revising now I just can't concentrate as I constantly hear my parents shouting. It makes me agitated and I just cannot keep focus. This usually happens on a Friday/Saturday night. Should I start doing revision really early in the morning to make up for it or start revising later when they're asleep
Have a few days off. I tell you I was in your situation a few weeks back I couldn't concentrate. I missed revision for a few days and when I started back I kept concentration and I feel it is more effective.
Original post by Sgt. Peppers
Have a few days off. I tell you I was in your situation a few weeks back I couldn't concentrate. I missed revision for a few days and when I started back I kept concentration and I feel it is more effective.

Hey thanks for the reply! I agree and I think I would feel a lot better if I did but I've got mock exams on Monday and I really should revise them.
Do it step by step
I work better at night unless it's really late, so if I were you, I'd work from whenever they stop until no later than half 12 and then sleep. If you work better in the mornings, sleep now and wake up real early.
Original post by orderofthelotus
I work better at night unless it's really late, so if I were you, I'd work from whenever they stop until no later than half 12 and then sleep. If you work better in the mornings, sleep now and wake up real early.

Hey! Thank you for replying! I've managed to get do about 2 hours today which is ok but I'm just too tired to revise so I'll wake up at 6 and do some then. Oh and thank you for the advice on another thread about motivation it really helped:smile:
Could you go to your local library? Or if there's a university near you, you could go to the university library (quite often, they tend to be open 24hrs)? :smile:
Original post by Kavin123
Hey thanks for the reply! I agree and I think I would feel a lot better if I did but I've got mock exams on Monday and I really should revise them.

There only mocks they don't matter. I didn't revise the day before my mocks to reduce stress. It helped.
Original post by Kavin123
I've got my my mocks on Monday and I want to revise throughly this weekend. However whilst i'm revising now I just can't concentrate as I constantly hear my parents shouting. It makes me agitated and I just cannot keep focus. This usually happens on a Friday/Saturday night. Should I start doing revision really early in the morning to make up for it or start revising later when they're asleep

Do you not have a local library near you? And yes, if you can manage it early in the morning then make the attempt.

Quick Reply

Latest