The Student Room Group

indie music

hey guys!!!! would love to find people with similar taste in music to me, i loove indie bands like the 1975, arctic monkeys, catfish etc!!!! everyone seems to be into chart rubbish but there must be people with a similar taste out there :wink: comment ur fave bands below!!! xxxx
i really like mumford and sons, saw them live at reading festival once and it was the best night of my life. obviously arctic monkeys are an all time great and i listen to a lot of bastille as well. i just like things which are original and stand out from all the corporate crap as basically
Hiya, I'm a huge fan of the 1975 too! Some of my fave bands are The Wombats, Walk the Moon, Arctic Monkeys, Gemini Club and Little Comets. Saw Walk the Moon in Copenhagen last year and Little Comets in Liverpool last month! x
Reply 3
Original post by manlyksev
i really like mumford and sons, saw them live at reading festival once and it was the best night of my life. obviously arctic monkeys are an all time great and i listen to a lot of bastille as well. i just like things which are original and stand out from all the corporate crap as basically

reading festival is amazing!!! i went last yr #harambe and im going again this year im soooooooo excited!!! yh i get u, theres so much crap music im glad we appreciate the good ones!!! the kooks, kings of leon, wombats!! etc xx
Original post by daaaaaisy
hey guys!!!! would love to find people with similar taste in music to me, i loove indie bands like the 1975, arctic monkeys, catfish etc!!!! everyone seems to be into chart rubbish but there must be people with a similar taste out there :wink: comment ur fave bands below!!! xxxx

Yeah I like bands like Keane and Kings of Leon.

Or Franz Ferdinand and old Coldplay, I am not really a fan of their new stuff I prefer the old coldplay.
I don't like 'Indie' music but what I do is go on Wikipedia and read through a genre's history and find artists that way.

Last.FM and when you're listening to whatever band, check out the similar artists suggestions on the scrobbler/website.

Also check Sputnikmusic artist pages for whoever you like and look on the similar artists/set the charts to whatever you're looking for and rank albums by genre.
Reply 6
Original post by Wilfred Little
I don't like 'Indie' music but what I do is go on Wikipedia and read through a genre's history and find artists that way.

Last.FM and when you're listening to whatever band, check out the similar artists suggestions on the scrobbler/website.

Also check Sputnikmusic artist pages for whoever you like and look on the similar artists/set the charts to whatever you're looking for and rank albums by genre.

what do you mean by you dont like indie?? x
Original post by Wilfred Little

i tend to use spotify to listen to music, it has similar artists on there and set playlists. I sometimes read NME to find out about cool new bands
Original post by daaaaaisy
what do you mean by you dont like indie?? x

I don't like it but I only posted to try and offer help so you can find more stuff.

Original post by manlyksev
i tend to use spotify to listen to music, it has similar artists on there and set playlists. I sometimes read NME to find out about cool new bands

I signed up to get an album that was being streamed recently but haven't used it since.

I like Sputnik a lot.
Walk the Moon, Saint Motel, Bastille, MisterWives, Hey Violet-- all pretty great. I don't really listen to things based on genre, so sorry if these aren't all indie. If I like the song then it's going on my playlist lol.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest