smorcos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am from the USA and I am looking to study Biomedical Science in London. I have received offers from London Metropolitan Uni, London South Bank Uni, Kingston Uni, and Middlesex Uni... I was leaning toward London Met because their modules sounded interesting and they have accommodation in central London, which is where I want to live to get the full experience, but then I saw all the negative reviews. When I saw people saying it is one of the worst in London, I started looking at other options and they all had bad reviews, so I need advice from current students who have experienced any of these Universities. Thanks in advance
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smorcos)
I am from the USA and I am looking to study Biomedical Science in London. I have received offers from London Metropolitan Uni, London South Bank Uni, Kingston Uni, and Middlesex Uni... I was leaning toward London Met because their modules sounded interesting and they have accommodation in central London, which is where I want to live to get the full experience, but then I saw all the negative reviews. When I saw people saying it is one of the worst in London, I started looking at other options and they all had bad reviews, so I need advice from current students who have experienced any of these Universities. Thanks in advance
I don't know much about any of those universities other than they all have pretty poor reputations, and none are worth paying international fees in my opinion. Can I ask, why did you set the bar so low when applying? If you want to be in London, there are plenty of other universities to choose from.

What qualifications do you have and what kind of grades do you have/are expected to achieve?
♥Samantha♥
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those are all some of the worst universities in the entire country. London Metropolitan is consistently ranked as the very worst university in the country. I would say Middlesex has not got an as terrible reputation (I haven't heard of it, while the others you have mentioned are known for being bad, but it still does not have a good reputation). No offence, but did you not do any research before you applied? Lots of internationals seem to think that any university in London must be good. There are many good universities in London which aren't very difficult to get into like QMUL.

I don't think it's worth going if you have gotten into good schools in the US. If you have good grades maybe it's worth going on a gap year and applying again next year to better universities.
Luke7456
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Their really is no excuse for missing this I mean their are league tables everywhere and different rankings etc. You clearly have not done your research I made the same mistake when I was younger so I can't condemn it to harshly. However going to universities like this would be a big mistake I would recommend you take a gap year and fully research everything before applying so that you get this right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.52%
I'm not sure (57)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (366)
29.52%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.47%

Watched Threads