Turn on thread page Beta

Why is this wrong? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    On "Bad Girls" tonight one character who was black said to another character (not that I watch this programme) :

"You should think twice before you open your stupid white mouth" (or words to this effect)

If a white character had said "you should think twice before you open your stupid black mouth" the tv complaints commission would have had to employ 20 new staff to deal with the number of complaints.

Also why is it ok for one black person to call another ****** yet if a white person used this terminology there would be all sorts of problems?
    due to political correctness "white people" have decided to sacrifice any self-respect and let others call them all sorts, because they're desparate to maintain the peace. it's wrong and annoys me, because it just shows that if you give some people a little leeway they'll take advantage and have no respect for you whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    due to political correctness "white people" have decided to sacrifice any self-respect and let others call them all sorts, because they're desparate to maintain the peace. it's wrong and annoys me, because it just shows that if you give some people a little leeway they'll take advantage and have no respect for you whatsoever

I've not sacrificed any self respect, I still respect myself, i just don't let it bother me if someone calls me a name, they're the idiot not me. Rise above the ignorance. And lets face it its hardly worth getting hot headed over is it. When people start talking about blowing other people up then its time to get bothered no matter what race they are!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.