ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa777)
    yes god, there are lots of people wanting e's /d's

relax
    phew still i think my results will be worth nothin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    phew still i think my results will be worth nothin
    Was there any way we could reverse that view?
    Patience! There's not too long left now

ReputationRep:
    just asking
    not really. but don't lose all hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    not really. but don't lose all hope yet!
    if i was being nice to myself, id predict a C D and E but not sure if this would satisfy for getting through clearing

ReputationRep:
    just asking
    They are worth as much as your university offer. The real question is why do you think you have got 3 E's?

ReputationRep:
    if i was being nice to myself, id predict a C D and E but not sure if this would satisfy for getting through clearing
    what's your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    They are worth as much as your university offer. The real question is why do you think you have got 3 E's?
    i messed my exams up because the questions wern't the stuff i revised for most, guess ive been unlucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    what's your offer?
    C C D

ReputationRep:
    C C D
    don't forget that the uni may be lenient and drop a grade in the offer if you get C D D or something. pencil queen has given some good advice in the uni subforum of what to do if you miss your offer - and i wouldn't worry about it too much until you get your results, in my experience most people do better than they think they have done anyway.

i say get drunk and forget about it til results day.

ReputationRep:
    C C D
    Quite often the universities give you lower offers than they ask for anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hmm horrorboy seems to be a pessimist (sp?)

http://www.uk-learning.net/t53582.html

ReputationRep:
    u go to salford dont u, im hoping to go there in sept are they kind on offers. if i fail to get on sport im hoping to do psychology which doesnt make sense coz its harder :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    hmm horrorboy seems to be a pessimist (sp?)

http://www.uk-learning.net/t53582.html
    results in 2 days - pressure rising!!

ReputationRep:
    u go to salford dont u, im hoping to go there in sept are they kind on offers. if i fail to get on sport im hoping to do psychology which doesnt make sense coz its harder :rolleyes:
    I am not sure, I got 280 points, there offer was 220 points. My mate who was predicted two C's got rejected on his initial application. It just depends on supply and demand, some courses at Salford are hard to get into (video production requires 280 and extensive experience for example) other courses will let you in just to get the money.

The Manchester Evening News did an investigation into clearing last year and Bolton and MMU offered a place on a degree course for chemestry with two E's but Salford saidf you would have to an HND, UMIST lauged and told them to p*ss off.

I reckon the worst thing that will happen with regards to Salford is you will be told to an HND course with the possibiity of a degree transfer if you do well (like a second chance).

ReputationRep:
    just asking
    They are worth more than failing the exams outright.

I would not be so sure that they boost your career prospects more than 2 years experience, which you could have gained if you didn't study for the course. Employers take qualifications seriously, but experience still pays dividends.

ReputationRep:
    just asking
    in my personal opinion no, e's and nothing in my case are the same. Its werid, my worse fear is getting an "N" i.e "You nearly got a grade, and just to rub the salt into the wounds we'll tell you that" and I think it may have been possible that I got at least 3, I'd rather hav a "U" in that situation

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, I got 280 points, there offer was 220 points. My mate who was predicted two C's got rejected on his initial application. It just depends on supply and demand, some courses at Salford are hard to get into (video production requires 280 and extensive experience for example) other courses will let you in just to get the money.

The Manchester Evening News did an investigation into clearing last year and Bolton and MMU offered a place on a degree course for chemestry with two E's but Salford saidf you would have to an HND, UMIST lauged and told them to p*ss off.

I reckon the worst thing that will happen with regards to Salford is you will be told to an HND course with the possibiity of a degree transfer if you do well (like a second chance).
    ok thanks a lot, ive not had anythin through the post from them since last week so ive got a bad feeling ive been rejected :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks a lot, ive not had anythin through the post from them since last week so ive got a bad feeling ive been rejected :eek:
    I don't think they are allowed to send anything after results day. I didn't get my details from Salford till a day after the results were posted. Try not to become paronoid at the moment, for you know you have got the grades. I know this is easier said than done but speaking from experience the best thing you can do is to keep busy.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.