The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Cancelling student accommodation

Hey,

I've recently put a deposit down to live in Liberty Quay Studios starting from September (I will then be in third year)... However, due to personal circumstances I've figured I will no longer be able to afford it and would like to cancel my booking in advance. Is anyone able to tell me if this is possible? And will they still expect me to pay for the whole year even though I haven't moved in yet? Any info will be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Original post by acac95
Hey,

I've recently put a deposit down to live in Liberty Quay Studios starting from September (I will then be in third year)... However, due to personal circumstances I've figured I will no longer be able to afford it and would like to cancel my booking in advance. Is anyone able to tell me if this is possible? And will they still expect me to pay for the whole year even though I haven't moved in yet? Any info will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

You should contact them or read the terms and conditions. From what i can see if you have confirmed the booking then you are liable till you find a replacement.
No idea if the deposit is returnable. It will say on the documents you have been given.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending