Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Disappointed with the olympics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I finally thought they'd be something good on when they announced today on BBC that they'd be showwing the women's snatch. I didn't expect to ssee some ugly muscley manly men

MB

ReputationRep:
    I think we're missing the wider picture here :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I think we're missing the wider picture here :rolleyes:
    Isn't it all filmed in 16:9 format though? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bring back women's tennis. Now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I finally thought they'd be something good on when they announced today on BBC that they'd be showwing the women's snatch. I didn't expect to ssee some ugly muscley manly men

MB
    Sure there are some good events in the olymipcs but when you turn on the television to see barely a couple of hundred people watching judo / hockey (which is actually a very good sport to play) and some of the other stuff they have it really makes you wonder if the hype is justified.

Sort of like the Rugby Union World Cup, everyone goes mad about it at the time but in reality most will not care a month after it is over.

ReputationRep:
    mens 200m swimming wasn't bad - thorpe managed to get 1st yet again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    Isn't it all filmed in 16:9 format though? :confused:
    Look, some people still have 4:3 here! Okay, I should've said bigger picture, you really like dismantling posts I make :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

MB
    hahaha mmmmm maybe i should have watched!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    hahaha mmmmm maybe i should have watched!

sorry my humour has reached a new level of crudeness. I'll try and grow up.

MB

ReputationRep:
    The swimming races are pretty cool to watch. I watched some of the synch diving as well. It really surprised me that the canadian pair were pretty muscly. Also, I felt sorry for a really good chinese mens pair who were in the lead till they messed up their 4th or last dive, no get a no-score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Sure there are some good events in the olymipcs but when you turn on the television to see barely a couple of hundred people watching judo / hockey (which is actually a very good sport to play) and some of the other stuff they have it really makes you wonder if the hype is justified.
    The seats that are shown on the television are expensive. The people are all sitting in the nose bleed section. It is also a major holiday this week and month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    It is also a major holiday this week and month.

Well then it's a stupid time to put the olympics on then.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Well then it's a stupid time to put the olympics on then.

MB
    Aren't the olympics always this time of year.

ReputationRep:
    THe swimmimng has been pretty good , field hockey is normally great with pak , ger , ned and ind having a go at each other .

200m freestyle yesterday was awesome .... i was betting on thorpe but had a gut feeling hoogenbande could have taken it . Phelps didnt even look like trying to get gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty)
    Bring back women's tennis. Now.
    where have you been? womens tennis is on at the moment.

Oh and you might also be interested in womens hockey, beach voleyball - the only olympic sport that specifies the max size of pants worn, gymnastics and triathlon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    Aren't the olympics always this time of year.
    Originally the Olympics were used to celebrate half-cycles of Venus, which traces a perfect pentacle in pace every eight years

The pentacle shape is considered perfect and divine because when you draw a pentacle the lines automatically divide into Divine Proportion, or PHI.

For this reason Venus gained its name, after the goddess Venus, or Aphrodite, who was considered perfection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Originally the Olympics were used to celebrate half-cycles of Venus, which traces a perfect pentacle in pace every eight years

The pentacle shape is considered perfect and divine because when you draw a pentacle the lines automatically divide into Divine Proportion, or PHI.

For this reason Venus gained its name, after the goddess Venus, or Aphrodite, who was considered perfection.
    yay, all this excitement over (root5 + 1)/2

MB

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.