Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am feeling like I have not got the capacity and time to get A*'s in my courses... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I take Physics and Chemistry... along with Mathematics (Mechanics as well) all at AS level right now.

Physics in particular is worrying me because electricity is something I've fallen behind on.

I have to work to pay rent and the hours are ruining my study time and my attendance at college itself. There is nothing I can do about this.

I am by no means looking for an easy way out - but I do want to know what I can do to maximize my chances of getting the best grades; something I had planned on doing over 2 years ago. I have this plan, which entails having the chance to have a choice of top uni's... but as things are going, I just cannot get there.

It's actually very depressing, demoralising and demotivating having to go to college only to have in the back of my mind that I won't succeed to the standards I have of myself. The thing that makes it worse is I know I can achieve top grades but I just cannot find the time to learn the things I am taught.

I am working over 20+ hours a week so the time I have left after college,cooking and eating, sleeping (Which is less than the recommended) and travelling (I have no car, no bus pass etc) I am left with minimal time to study.

As I said with physics, I have missed a lot of electricity for example - I am worried about that part of the syllabus in particular...

Chemistry - formation of enthalpy and the diagrams... Equilibrium and the ICE box formula? There are gaping holes in some of my AS level stuff that, because of the pace these courses move at - I am unable to keep up... again, very saddening and makes me very demotivated.

Maths - genuinely I feel ok mainly because there is a site which basically has interactive lessons - so I can learn, do past papers and stuff.

English I have no problems because I have always been ok with this.

With the Physics and Chem - the concepts themselves are what I need to attend class for; not the equations and mathematical side of things, these can be easily learnt... the concepts are what I am missing out on... and I have no way to learn them due to the "work" dilemma.

I am looking to take Physics Chemistry and Mathematics at Uni.

Please... can anyone perhaps shed some light, some kind of solution, some kind of way I can move forward here?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Sure that'd be great thanks.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsoules)
    I take Physics and Chemistry... along with Mathematics (Mechanics as well) all at AS level right now.

Physics in particular is worrying me because electricity is something I've fallen behind on.

I have to work to pay rent and the hours are ruining my study time and my attendance at college itself. There is nothing I can do about this.

I am by no means looking for an easy way out - but I do want to know what I can do to maximize my chances of getting the best grades; something I had planned on doing over 2 years ago. I have this plan, which entails having the chance to have a choice of top uni's... but as things are going, I just cannot get there.

It's actually very depressing, demoralising and demotivating having to go to college only to have in the back of my mind that I won't succeed to the standards I have of myself. The thing that makes it worse is I know I can achieve top grades but I just cannot find the time to learn the things I am taught.

I am working over 20+ hours a week so the time I have left after college,cooking and eating, sleeping (Which is less than the recommended) and travelling (I have no car, no bus pass etc) I am left with minimal time to study.

As I said with physics, I have missed a lot of electricity for example - I am worried about that part of the syllabus in particular...

Chemistry - formation of enthalpy and the diagrams... Equilibrium and the ICE box formula? There are gaping holes in some of my AS level stuff that, because of the pace these courses move at - I am unable to keep up... again, very saddening and makes me very demotivated.

Maths - genuinely I feel ok mainly because there is a site which basically has interactive lessons - so I can learn, do past papers and stuff.

English I have no problems because I have always been ok with this.

With the Physics and Chem - the concepts themselves are what I need to attend class for; not the equations and mathematical side of things, these can be easily learnt... the concepts are what I am missing out on... and I have no way to learn them due to the "work" dilemma.

I am looking to take Physics Chemistry and Mathematics at Uni.

Please... can anyone perhaps shed some light, some kind of solution, some kind of way I can move forward here?
    Ask questions, lots of questions, in the physics sub-forum.

You will get plenty of help from others in there.

Use your text books and if you don't understand something just ask.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.