The Student Room Group

Girlfriend cheated on me and left me suddenly all alone

Hi all.

I have been dating this girl for 10 months now, and we were so dedicated and in love. She was a very kind person, she would always write me letters, and never failed to ever be there for me . However last night I discovered that she has feelings for somebody else and loves them more than me, and she has also had sex with them.

I do not have any friends, and I mean this very literally: I have nobody in my phone contacts but family. In school I do not speak to anybody and I eat my lunch alone and I read alone in the library. I also suffer from many physical problems such as klinfelters syndrome. I was born deformed with a latent tumor.

Now that she has left me completely, I am struggling so badly. I dont know what to do. I need somebody, desperately, anybody, But where do I begin?

If anybody could help me, I would be so grateful. This loneliness is unbearable, it is so bad I cannot even breathe sometimes, and all I can do is be sick and shiver all over, or self harm.
Dude, I have dated a girl for about half a year got together for few months then things ended, since we are in different places, some other issues, like fading passion due to distance, time difference, me being a moron sometimes etc. I still feel bad about it, cry about at nights, missing her day and night whenever I am free, seeing those little things in normal life that reminds me of her, so I am kinda occupied by the situation. Whilst I still have hope that things would get better, altho knowing its going to be tough to work things out later. I have few friends as well, who are not good listeners at all. I do struggle on a daily basis now, in cycles, being optimistic then pessimistic. Although my situation isn't as bad as yours TBH, believe me I don't feel any better, since I don't feel loved anymore like I used to feel, but my advice for you is to talk to people you know, not necessarily friends, especially girls know about those issues better than guys, it really does help, Be more sociable, pick up a hobby, make friends. The emotional attachment could last for a long time, for me, I really don't know how to solve it yet. What I have heard is that you have to live a New Life, be a New Man. When my ex and I were together, I felt that she was the only one in my life. Now what you have to do is to change that, its time to treat yourself better, rather than struggling.

Sorry for being general. Anyway, now I am going to continue my daily struggle, sounds sarcastic, but I believe things will get better soon, it just takes time.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Dude, I have dated a girl for about half a year got together for few months then things ended, since we are in different places, some other issues, like fading passion due to distance, time difference, me being a moron sometimes etc. I still feel bad about it, cry about at nights, missing her day and night whenever I am free, seeing those little things in normal life that reminds me of her, so I am kinda occupied by the situation. Whilst I still have hope that things would get better, altho knowing its going to be tough to work things out later. I have few friends as well, who are not good listeners at all. I do struggle on a daily basis now, in cycles, being optimistic then pessimistic. Although my situation isn't as bad as yours TBH, believe me I don't feel any better, since I don't feel loved anymore like I used to feel, but my advice for you is to talk to people you know, not necessarily friends, especially girls know about those issues better than guys, it really does help, Be more sociable, pick up a hobby, make friends. The emotional attachment could last for a long time, for me, I really don't know how to solve it yet. What I have heard is that you have to live a New Life, be a New Man. When my ex and I were together, I felt that she was the only one in my life. Now what you have to do is to change that, its time to treat yourself better, rather than struggling.

Sorry for being general. Anyway, now I am going to continue my daily struggle, sounds sarcastic, but I believe things will get better soon, it just takes time.

Hello. Perhaps we could exchange emails and talk, and share ways to get us through this. We are both in the same situation. You could drop me an email on [email protected]

I am very sorry to here that you are going through this. I write poems and stories alot and this seems to help me. I recommend the same for you, and you do not have to be good at english or anything like that to write. You are under no law to make sense, as long as it makes sense to you, and it helps you.

I wrote a poem about this last night when I was struggling deeply, and it has a similar message to the message you have conveyed to me.

"I watch her walk away
But my arm remains extended
Clinging to her existence

I watch her walk away
And I suppress that
Raging sea of sadness inside

I watch her walk away
During which wars wage and
Destroy behind my face

I watch her walk away
Her manifested five truths
Like five knocks
on the door of unhappiness

I watch her walk away
Standing
as a lonely keeper of keys
Unspoken
and unloved

I watch her walk away
And I hear
screaming
Screaming I realize is flowing out of me

I watch her walk away
A prisoner of the agony I stand
So sad
I can barely breathe

I watch her walk away
Inflicting textbook tyranny on myself
Just to be submerged
in something other than sadness

And though beaten down
Lost and abandoned
Yes,
there is a chance to be a good again

With all the strength I can just about manage
I too walk away
To bring joy
to a broken world where I can

This is the meaning of love
To love until it hurts
I understand now what
Jesus did by allowing the nails
to sink into him
And the spit
to cover him
And the staffs blows
to rain down on him
And the burdensome cross
to crush him
Now I realise why he died
So too, I shall let them tear me apart
But refrain
from letting my love fade
Never let my love dwidnle
and die away
I have ascertained
the meaning of love
To love until it hurts
To love to the point of agony
and even beyond that

Therefore I do not know if
There is something more
to the stars
Or to the moon
But I see clearly now that
Humans need compassion
And I must bring them that compassion

Yes, there is a chance to be good again
This I know
I let the water wash away
Everything I have become
I let it drown me
And I am born again,
a new man
In the world
But not of the world
And I let her go
Finally
I let her go."
Reply 3
so... she actually wanted to stay with a cheating ho?
Reply 4
Original post by Nerry
so... she actually wanted to stay with a cheating ho?

I don't understand what you mean. She was the one who cheated on me, not the other way around.
Reply 5
Original post by rapturelion
Hi all.

I have been dating this girl for 10 months now, and we were so dedicated and in love. She was a very kind person, she would always write me letters, and never failed to ever be there for me . However last night I discovered that she has feelings for somebody else and loves them more than me, and she has also had sex with them.

I do not have any friends, and I mean this very literally: I have nobody in my phone contacts but family. In school I do not speak to anybody and I eat my lunch alone and I read alone in the library. I also suffer from many physical problems such as klinfelters syndrome. I was born deformed with a latent tumor.

Now that she has left me completely, I am struggling so badly. I dont know what to do. I need somebody, desperately, anybody, But where do I begin?

If anybody could help me, I would be so grateful. This loneliness is unbearable, it is so bad I cannot even breathe sometimes, and all I can do is be sick and shiver all over, or self harm.

if it helps read my blog post and cheating, the link is in my profile or you can alternatively inbox me :smile:
Reply 6
I don't understand what you mean. She was the one who cheated on me, not the other way around.

but you seem upset that she left you. why would you want to stay with a cheating ho?
Reply 7
Hi all.

Before you can be happy in a relationship, you need to find happiness in yourself... otherwise you depend too much on the relationship and it's toxic.
I think losing someone romantically is one of the worst pains a person can go through. It's torture, and I can understand where you're coming from entirely.

Experience the emotion - embrace it. Please don't avoid it or bottle it up, it's okay to feel what you feel. Find what helps you to cope, and keep talking - you're not alone in your suffering.
hoes everywhere
I'm not being funny but TSR really isn't the place for a post like this. We can offer you words of comfort and sympathy, but you need to seek professional help. Please talk to someone, you can get through this
I'm sorry to hear that, it must be difficult to go through a break-up. My advice is to find things to do with family, join clubs, participate in sports, learn new skills (e.g. driving, cooking, language?) and make friends. I'm 26 and never been in a relationship and actually enjoy the single life and the freedom that I have not being in a relationship. Having said that I also know that I don't want to be single forever ! I have a very busy and varied life which makes it fulfilling for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending