GCSE's in a few months - Revision tips? Watch

Joshkarter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So it is late March and I will be taking my GSCE's in approximately 2 months and Through my Mock I got decent grades : an A in RS Grade 5 in maths and both English Lit and Lang B in History and Sciences and C's in everything else. Now although these are decent for me I want to push myself for strictly A's and B's and maybe the occasional A* or C. I was seeing if anyone could help me

I've being revising non stop since October ( a month before mocks started) I've created a revision timetable where I study each subject twice a week and I have a specific revision type I do for each subject

Maths - Watch videos on mathswatch and copy down questions
English, History,RS,Sciences, ICT- simply read over 6 pages of the revision guide twice (Sometimes do revision guide questions)
German - GO on Vocab express to test vocabulary
Art - Final exam starts next week

I try to study at least 40 minutes of 3 subjects each day according to my timetable except for Sundays where I do one but I need an extra push so I can achieve much much higher grades. Please tell me what I should change in my revising techniques so I can improve vastly. Thank you
nish2910
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joshkarter)
So it is late March and I will be taking my GSCE's in approximately 2 months and Through my Mock I got decent grades : an A in RS Grade 5 in maths and both English Lit and Lang B in History and Sciences and C's in everything else. Now although these are decent for me I want to push myself for strictly A's and B's and maybe the occasional A* or C. I was seeing if anyone could help me

I've being revising non stop since October ( a month before mocks started) I've created a revision timetable where I study each subject twice a week and I have a specific revision type I do for each subject

English, History,RS,Sciences, ICT- simply read over 6 pages of the revision guide twice (Sometimes do revision guide questions)

I try to study at least 40 minutes of 3 subjects each day according to my timetable except for Sundays where I do one but I need an extra push so I can achieve much much higher grades. Please tell me what I should change in my revising techniques so I can improve vastly. Thank you
You're doing lots. I haven't started revising yet I'm just writing up notes, but for RS do past papers so you can memorise the points as they ask variations in questions. Also then in the exam you won't spend time thinking about points because you'll know instantly - also put quotes in your answers and start associating them with various topics eg "clothe yourselves with compassion and kindness/love thy neighbour" for a point for abortion if you do AQA RS, Christian Ethics. I plan to do 4 hours a day in Easter, maybe more depending on the subject but don't feel stressed as you are already doing lots. Good luck!
MaherphD
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joshkarter)

Your revision techniques are good but consider doing past papers because they'll help you identify the trend of each exam.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
erxci
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suggest trying out Mr Bruff's videos on YouTube for the english literature and language papers. His analysis of the texts is very useful, especiallly wwhen it comes to the poems. On terms of maths, try out the Kesh Maths sample papers and KhanAcademy - both are wonderful resources. On terms of the other subjects, I think it would be more beneficial to create posters as opposed to just reading through the text book or making revision cards that you can use through out the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads