Can i drop this subject?

Watch this thread
RS_02
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I am failing really bad in Physics, I have no idea why i decided it would be a good idea, the problem is I am doing 3 subjects so if I drop it, am I able to pick up another subject next year and then stay an extra year for the A2 context? Also will it have any affect on the uni I want to go to.Hope that made sense.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RS_02)
Basically I am failing really bad in Physics, I have no idea why i decided it would be a good idea, the problem is I am doing 3 subjects so if I drop it, am I able to pick up another subject next year and then stay an extra year for the A2 context? Also will it have any affect on the uni I want to go to.Hope that made sense.
A lot of people do that! So effectively you'll be taking 3 full A2s and 3 AS (inc. Physics) because you'll be doing 3 years, right? You should check with your college or school to make sure they would let you do that, but otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.
RS_02
Rep:
(Original post by Amefish)
A lot of people do that! So effectively you'll be taking 3 full A2s and 3 AS (inc. Physics) because you'll be doing 3 years, right? You should check with your college or school to make sure they would let you do that, but otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.
Does it have any impact on the universities i apply to?
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RS_02)
Does it have any impact on the universities i apply to?
No, you'd just go a year later though. If you get the grades and aren't retaking too many subjects (and aren't doing Mickey Mouse subjects like General Studies) , it'll be fine
RS_02
Rep:
(Original post by That'sGreat)
No, you'd just go a year later though. If you get the grades and aren't retaking too many subjects (and aren't doing Mickey Mouse subjects like General Studies) , it'll be fine
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
29.09%
Take a gap year (14)
25.45%
Resit my exams (9)
16.36%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
10.91%
I don't know yet (7)
12.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads