Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kurdish terrorist supporters protest in Frankfurt watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Whats with all the apologists for PKK terrorism? People condemn terrorism when it happens in France and Germany, but when it happens in eastern Greece or Israel they defend it?
    I don't recall terrorists in France or Germany ever breaking off their own resources and aims to save tens of thousands of people from genocide. Because that's what the PKK did at Sinjar in August 2014. And the PKK are still part of the only democratic force fighting ISIS on the ground in Syria.

Also, what terrorism are you referring to in "Eastern Greece"? That's all small islands, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Its hardly a surprise that the PKK try to stop the genocide of Kurds.
    They weren't Kurds, they were Yazidis.

Anatolia and Constantinople.
    That's called Turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anatolia and Constantinople.
    Who taught you geography?

You seem to be using some pretty outdated names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    x
    Are you showing your support for the PKK?

ReputationRep:
    It is stupid to call this an "protest against Erdogan" when they are asking for the release of a Terrorist leader. This is just an obvious generic PKK rally hidden in guise of being against Erdogan's authoritarianism.
    Why? It takes a brave person to accept that the side that you oppose have views, dreams and aspirations too. Can you remember the UK and NI during the 70s, 80s and 90s? Remember when IRA bombs blew up Warrington, Manchester and the Canary Wharf in London?

And then some brave people accepted that what some people called terrorists were perhaps seeking recognition and understanding? They all sat down around a table and at the end of the process came up with a deal that suited all, shook hands on it and by and large lived in peace ever since.

One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Peace will exist if all are recognised. You seem to want to bat down the Kurds as an irrelevance not worthy of entering a discussion. Naturally, the only way they can be heard is by raising their voice through violence. So what is the solution? More violence?

ReputationRep:
    I get that you're an Islamophobic troll looking to ironically support Salafis but this is pretty low. The Kurds are good people and their integrity should not be mocked or called into question without clear and proper reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    I get that you're an Islamophobic troll looking to ironically support Salafis but this is pretty low. The Kurds are good people and their integrity should not be mocked or called into question without clear and proper reason.
    The PKK are terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    The PKK are terrorists.
    get out

ReputationRep:
    get out
    Oh, do you support terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, do you support terrorists?
    I support Kurdish liberation and if necessary a Kurdish majority in Turkey.

ReputationRep:
    I support Kurdish liberation and if necessary a Kurdish majority in Turkey.
    So you support the PKK?

ReputationRep:
    You and Ambitious1999, two sides of the same coin.
    Lazy horseshoer

ReputationRep:
    Are you showing your support for the PKK?
    I'm showing support for Rojava! *raises fist*

That Oclam dude renounced his Marxist-Leninism and now espouses democratic confederalism based on the writings of Murray Bookchin (someone else who I admire and who's widow has been to see it in person)), these principles are being put into practise in Rojava in the battle against all forces of reaction in the middle east. The dude played a big part in keeping alive an ideal of liberation and Rojava is a small but significant enclave that represents that ideal is still alive in the world.

So I guess you could say I "support" him. I definitely think it is disgraceful that Turkey (a NATO member) is spending more time killing kurds etc than fighting ISIS (which is basically supports) and we do nothing.

Also the Obama was helping the PKK in the fight against ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    So you support the PKK?
    The UN has never designated the PKK a terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Peace will exist if all are recognised. You seem to want to bat down the Kurds as an irrelevance not worthy of entering a discussion. Naturally, the only way they can be heard is by raising their voice through violence. So what is the solution? More violence?
    Nothing gets people on your side like killing innocent civilians.

ReputationRep:
    get out
    NATO and the EU agree that the PKK is a terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    The UN has never designated the PKK a terrorist organisation.
    That wasn't the question, do you support the PKK?

ReputationRep:
    their integrity should not be mocked or called into question without clear and proper reason.
    Waging a terrorist war against the state is a pretty good reason, don't you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.