The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading university accommodation

Do the different halls have different reputations? Eg most sociable or snobby etc?
Original post by Jjkk1905
Do the different halls have different reputations? Eg most sociable or snobby etc?

Hello :smile:

None of our halls have a "reputation" as you say - all of our halls are equally sociable for different reasons. Our Park Group accommodation e.g. Stenton and Mackinder are situated in close proximity to Park Bar so they are really sociable - combined with the fact they are a very large group of halls. Most of the different groups of accommodation provide rooms for all budgets, e.g. catered, self-catered, shared bathroom and premium en-suite rooms.

Then Bridges and Wessex are different types of halls - Wessex is much older, providing the most budget friendly accommodation with shared bathrooms. It has its own Bar (Ice Bar) so is extremely sociable with a very good atmosphere. Bridges on the other hand has both shared bathroom and en-suite accommodation and also Townhouses - and is the newest accommodation. I lived in a Bridges Townhouse in my first year and loved all the storage space in my room and the lovely big kitchen and dining room table! Those applying for this year will be the 4th people to live in their rooms.

Benyon, Sherfield and St Patrick's hall are slightly off campus and provide different room types, both catered and self catered. They are slightly closer to the Sports Park (along with St George's too from Park Group) so suitable for those who which to be close to the gym!

Wantage is our older hall and provides a more traditional accommodation, which some students really like - I had friends that lived here and were catered for first year and loved it!

Hope this helps you make an informed decision about accommodation - any more questions feel free to ask.

Alice :h:
2nd Year Food Science Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending