As Results 2004 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm pretty sure my grades will go like this:
    Maths A-B
    Business B-C
    ICT B-C
    Media C-E
    So at best I'm looking at ABBC which would see me getting predicted AAB but at worst BCCE, in which case I'll probably work like hell to get AAA next year, take a year out and re-apply.

ReputationRep:
    My results should be something like:
    Geog: A
    Bio: B/C
    Eng Lang: A/B
    Socio: A
    Gen Studs: no idea!

So AAAB at best, AABC at worst! God that makes me seems a little overconfident! But i worked hard and was predicted AABB so *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Thats a very wide range!! I wish you luck. Surely not UUUUU, you worked hard for the exams at least
    Thanks for the luck, all the best to you too

I could possibly end up with a U for physics (since I didn't do any Jan exams or get any c/w marks) and it didn't go well.... And a U for General studies (since I have no idea how they award marks.)

ok, upgrade: AAAAB - EEEUU :rolleyes: I really should stop trying to guess my grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Thanks for the luck, all the best to you too

I could possibly end up with a U for physics (since I didn't do any Jan exams or get any c/w marks) and it didn't go well.... And a U for General studies (since I have no idea how they award marks.)

ok, upgrade: AAAAB - EEEUU :rolleyes: I really should stop trying to guess my grades.
    Lol well thats a bit better than UUUUU
    I'm fearing for my chemistry grade because of EVIL open book exam!

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty confident this time last week, but you know how it goes

I'd seriously hope I get an A for French - I found the exams easy, and I was impressed with my own skills doing them, but you never know, I may have seriously misunderstood the writing task or something silly.
    History - Cocked up the last question on Unit 3 in a major way, and nearly ran out of time, but I'm still hoping for a good B.
    Music - Who knows ? Depends how they like my coursework, my essays, my performance etc; they were all very, very modern stuff.
    Art - Ahahaha. Didn't do nearly enough work. C.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fearing for my chemistry grade because of EVIL open book exam!
    Salters seriously sucks.

I didn't think the open book was too bad. Even if I get a bad grade at chem - I'd love a good open book grade. I got an A in the coursework (42/45 yay!) - which I'm hoping pushed my chem mark up.

Will the results slip have on the mark for coursework/open book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Salters seriously sucks.

I didn't think the open book was too bad. Even if I get a bad grade at chem - I'd love a good open book grade. I got an A in the coursework (42/45 yay!) - which I'm hoping pushed my chem mark up.

Will the results slip have on the mark for coursework/open book?
    Yep it should have the mark on it. In January i only got my grade for EL/DF but thats because its the only one i did, but the coursework and open book should show up either combined or seperatley for each of open book and coursework.
    Congratulations on the coursework grade!! I got 36 which is JUST an A (im always a borderline person! 80/100 and 80/100 were too of my marks for january). Although my teacher said it could go up... or down :eek: . Eep i don't like salters.

ReputationRep:
    I did salters chemistry- i din't find it too bad, apart from the open book paper which i ended up doing in the evening before it had to be handed in!

The module at x-mas was really easy- i just wish the sumer exam had been so simple.

My worst subject result is going to be maths. My other subjects wre physics and design & thechnology. If i dont get an a in DT i will be really angry!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE : :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginge769)
    I did salters chemistry- i din't find it too bad, apart from the open book paper which i ended up doing in the evening before it had to be handed in!
    Oh dear, thats what alot of people did and ended up panicing and not actually sleeping that night. I had to hand in the coursework in at the same time which i thought was really unfair as i had t juggle between open book and coursework :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yep it should have the mark on it. In January i only got my grade for EL/DF but thats because its the only one i did, but the coursework and open book should show up either combined or seperatley for each of open book and coursework.
    Congratulations on the coursework grade!! I got 36 which is JUST an A (im always a borderline person! 80/100 and 80/100 were too of my marks for january). Although my teacher said it could go up... or down :eek: . Eep i don't like salters.
    I'm glad I didn't do the Jan exams, because I definately wouldn't have revised well enough to get a grade.Glad the works gonna be broken down.

Thanks You got a great grade too! Hee, borderlines are only bad when your on the wrong (read:low) side. Yah, we weere told it could go up or down (one year it went up, one year it went down, and one year it was kept... which means they have no idea what will ahppen to the mark this year)

Salters was created by sadists. Heh, we gonna just lurve the A2 work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Well put.
    A2 will probably destroy me, well actually the coursework WILL - that stuff looks evil. Have to pick a topic and spend so much extra time doing it to probably get a D or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    *Feels very glad she changed her AS options at the last minute from chemistry to biology*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    *Feels very glad she changed her AS options at the last minute from chemistry to biology*
    Were you almost another Salters victim?

ReputationRep:
    Were you almost another Salters victim?
    I didn't even start the chemistry course but i was going to do it. I changed to biology at the start of term because i suddenly realised i hated chemistry and was crap at it . I'm not sure if the spec followed by my school is Salters, i know it's OCR something. Salters is OCR isn't it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I didn't even start the chemistry course but i was going to do it. I changed to biology at the start of term because i suddenly realised i hated chemistry and was crap at it . I'm not sure if the spec followed by my school is Salters, i know it's OCR something. Salters is OCR isn't it? :confused:
    Yep it's OCR Salters. I wish they'd chop of the Salters and let us do OCR but i seem to be doing awful exam boards for all my other subjects too (i mean EDEXCEL for everything else - i'm not a huge fan of that board) *stops moaning*

ReputationRep:
    Well put.
    A2 will probably destroy me, well actually the coursework WILL - that stuff looks evil. Have to pick a topic and spend so much extra time doing it to probably get a D or something.
    The coursework does look killer - because we have 2 groups doing chemistry n- we're gonna be divided into 2 - one does it before christmas, the other after :eek: (I don't want it near the Jan exams). We were told that electropotentials (?) were a good choice.

Some of the A2 work looks less boring than the AS (more biochemistry stuff - engineering proteins ect) - hopefully it'll be as fun as it sounds!

oh, but you've missed out on soooooo much fun. hee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    The coursework does look killer - because we have 2 groups doing chemistry n- we're gonna be divided into 2 - one does it before christmas, the other after :eek: (I don't want it near the Jan exams). We were told that electropotentials (?) were a good choice.

Some of the A2 work looks less boring than the AS (more biochemistry stuff - engineering proteins ect) - hopefully it'll be as fun as it sounds!
    We do it before November or something :confused: Its awful when it clashes with exams. How much work can we physically manage?!?
    What i like about A2 is theres the whole medicine topics - useful for pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    What i like about A2 is theres the whole medicine topics - useful for pharmacy
    And what would you need info on pharmacy for?

1 days 22 hours 17 minutes 42:25 seconds - until results (if you're collecting them at 11am)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    And what would you need info on pharmacy for?

1 days 22 hours 17 minutes 42:25 seconds - until results (if you're collecting them at 11am)
    Ooooh its getting closer. Not too long in reality. I'm sure i can find some way of wasting another 1 day 22 hours or so of my life until 11 on thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh its getting closer. Not too long in reality. I'm sure i can find some way of wasting another 1 day 22 hours or so of my life until 11 on thursday.
    What i do is get up really late (so half the day is gone), watch Loose Women (gotta love that show ), then come on here for a few hours, have tea, watch tv, go to bed

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.