Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Tom - did you get 1/1 rankings for Biology and Chemistry too? Did they base that on your AS results or general class performance (I suppose the latter, stupid question :rolleyes: ) Still, well done again
    Well the deputy head (who is helping me with everything) was going to give me 1/1/1/1 regardless of my actual ranking, but yeah I did achieve the highest marks in my school as well. Chemistry and Biology- so stingy! In the 81 paper I only lost 5 marks! She gave me certificate at school- 'Valedictorian'. Lol.

Well... I've got to enrol for AS Maths in September at a college. I have the choice of MEI, Edexcel or AQA specifications. Which should I choose?

One of my friends is yet to be beaten: Maths 280, Chemistry 288, French 293 and Physics 300. She rocks absolutely
    A girl in the year above- absolutely smashing girl- got FOUR 600S, and 598 and 593. To do six A Levels... massive achievement. To get a 600.... simply shocking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Sociology. I got 89/105, 92/105 and 77/90. I'm not going to resit any of those because i have the Religion exam for sociology in January and i am probably retaking an English exam then as well.

Well the AS exams are sat about 1-2 weeks before. The Edexcel website has the dates already on, so you could check, but your performance is so consistent I feel it would probably offer diminishing returns, except for the 77/90- which I think is a coursework module (correct me if I'm wrong). You could do that again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Well the AS exams are sat about 1-2 weeks before. The Edexcel website has the dates already on, so you could check, but your performance is so consistent I feel it would probably offer diminishing returns, except for the 77/90- which I think is a coursework module (correct me if I'm wrong). You could do that again?
    Yep it's a coursework module. There's no way i'm doing that again though because i have a much bigger coursework project to do for A2! I'll just try and get a really high mark on that..

ReputationRep:
    Ahh congratulations to everyone

I think I'll be resitting a couple of modules where I just missed A's to give myself a comfy back up for A2, but overall am really pleased with my results, have had a lot of doubts over the past year about my ability so was really lovely to open the post this morning to the grades I worked for. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    My results were fair..but very annoying.

A in maths
    A in electronics (Ollie, you were spot on, but I didn't believe you at the time)
    B in physics (surpised, expected a C or lower)
    C in Chemistry (very disappointed)
    C in RS (No surprise)
    E in Further Maths (not really a surprise, but I thought I'd get an D)

The annoying thing was the last three grades were just below the grade boundary for the one above. 7 marks in chemistry, 6 in RS, and 3 in Further Maths. really annoying, that's the equivalent of getting one extra medium length question right per paper. But I think it's good that I got those grades, if I had been over the grade boundary, I don't think I would have desserved AABBBD for the amount of work I put in.

Alos, my lowest marks were always in the coursework modules, with the exception of P4 in Further Maths, were I got a whopping 19.

ReputationRep:
    A girl in the year above- absolutely smashing girl- got FOUR 600S, and 598 and 593. To do six A Levels... massive achievement. To get a 600.... simply shocking!
    :eek: :eek: WOW!!! :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:

I echo MadNatSci on this one. That girl must be a machine.

ReputationRep:
    I got 195 overall in As English lang/lit geting me a C grade. I thought I was going to get a really bad grade because the questions were really not what I was expecting so generally I'm pleased although I would have preffered a B or an A... would it be worth re-sitting a module or two to try and improve my grade, or do college's only allow you to re-sit the whole thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Question: is 258/300 a comfortable enough mark to go on to get an A in A2 (if i work as hard etc)?
    My UMS marks from AS were between 249 and 243. I managed to still get As in all of them A2. But I did make sure I revised a lot more in the second year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Congratulations to everybody!
    Specially well done to Robbie!
    Here are my as results! 6A's and a merit! I'm really pleased!

A/S Chemistry (Edexcel) - A

Structure, Bonding and Main group chemistry - 65 / 90 ( :eek: )
    Organic Chemistry, Energetics, Kinetics and Equilibrium - 81 / 90
    Practical + Module 3 - 120 / 120

A/S Physics (Edexcel) - A

Mechanics and Radioactivity - 86 / 90
    Electricity and Thermal Physics - 88 / 90
    Astrophysics Topic and Practical - 120 / 120

A/S Maths and A/S Further Maths (Edexcel)- equivalent of 2 A

P1 - 93 / 100
    P2 - 100 / 100
    P3 - 96 / 100
    M1 - 83 / 100 (:confused: )
    S1 - 94 /100
    S2 - 89 / 100

A/S Spanish (Edexcel) - A

Module 1 - 90 / 90
    Module 2- 110 / 120
    Module 3- 84 / 90

A-Level French (Edexcel) - A

Module 1- 90 / 90
    Module 2- 120 / 120
    Module 3- 90 / 90
    Module 4 (interpreting)- 90 / 90
    Module 5 (coursework)- 75 / 90
    Module 6 - 120 / 120

Advanced Extension Award Maths (Edexcel) - merit

I think I have to thank my teachers a lot as well because they were really great and I'm really eager to start the A-level work (already half the way through P4..... :rolleyes: )

I hope everybody was happy with their results and all the best to everyone for the new year!

W.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady_V)
    I got 195 overall in As English lang/lit geting me a C grade. I thought I was going to get a really bad grade because the questions were really not what I was expecting so generally I'm pleased although I would have preffered a B or an A... would it be worth re-sitting a module or two to try and improve my grade, or do college's only allow you to re-sit the whole thing?
    You can resit individual modules Go for it!

riewa - WOW well done!! Being on this forum is a humbling experience...

ReputationRep:
    Economics (OCR) 234/300 (B)
    The Market System 68/90 (B)
    Market Failure and Government Intervention 79/90 (A)
    National and International Economy 87/120 (B)

Maths (OCR MEI) 196/300 (C)
    P1 73/100 (B)
    S1 45/100 (E) :eek: probably the easiest module of all!
    D1 78/100 (B) Only 2 marks from an A :mad:

Chemistry (Edexcel Nuffield) 202/300 (C)
    Unit 1 65/90 (B)
    Unit 2 67/120 (D)
    Unit 3 70/90 (B)

History (Edexcel) 231/300 (B)
    Unit 1 (Russian Revolution) 101/120 (A)
    Unit 2 (Civil Rights) 54/90 (C)
    Unit 3 (Stalin's Russia) 76/90 (A)

Overall the pattern seems to be that I've mucked up one module in each subject which is annoying, but not as bad as it originally looks. I should easily be able to push up each subject by one grade through re-sits. Its gonna mean a lot of work in yr 13 though!

ReputationRep:
    Politics

GOVT & POL. 1 88/100 - A - how on earth did i manage that!?!
    Govt & pol. 2 63/100 hmmmm, started to go down hill a bit there!
    Govt & pol. 3 67/100- well chuffed considering i did half the paper completely wrong!!
    overall B

english lit and media a B (sorry, can't be bothered writing it out, lol)

History- C - which i'm very surprised about, so i'm going to re-sit it or ask my teachers where i went wrong becuase i don't have a clue. Should have really been an A

ha ha! and good old general studies

cultural domain - E 41/90
    scientific domain- unclassified 33/90 ooops don't know what went wrong there
    social domain- D 65/120

overal an E, which i find very amusing. In my mock i had got a B (3 marks of an A) wonder what went wrong there! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Congrats to tom and rob, excellent grades there!

And as for Meg - you were panicking about getting 1/2 B's, you get AAAA and seem pleased, but suddenly see a few people who got higher UMS' (despite them not mattering as only grades count) and now you've belittled yourself to an extent. No need for that...
    Cheers. Congratulations to you too!

ReputationRep:
    ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!! I knew you'd do great in Econ! We all did, you just didn't believe us! Next step: Ditch Cambridge, apply to Oxford (that's where it's at, baby!)
    Wrong. The goddess trio is a Cambridge exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    The thing is, my german is the one I thought I did best in. My oral, which i got a D in went fantastically! My presentation was top A quality my teacher said, and I recited fully and well, and the examiner looked pleased and complimented me on it; and all throughout the examiner kept looking suprised, saying how interesting it was and that what I said was really good; and said so at the end; and yet I got 58/105!!! (a D!) I've done numerous mocks not as well as the final thing, and got As - not sure how this has happened really!
    :eek: Yeah, tell me about it. I got an A in unit 2 and just missed the A in unit 3, yet I got a D in unit 1. I am totally confused. I did better in my mock and I was rubbish then! I've never got anything below a B in my life.

And then I find out that a friend of a friend who is half-German got a D in unit 3, despite being half-German... go figure.

ReputationRep:
    undefinedundefinedundefined

Well done everyone...have only just joined these forums, kinda wish Id known about them while I was studying for my AS's, but plan to use them loads during A2.

I got:

GENERAL: A (275 UMS) 100% in Conflict and Power Modules :cool:

SOCIOLOGY: A (263 UMS)

ENGLISH LIT: (257 UMS)

MATHS WITH STATISTICS: A (251 UMS)

HISTORY: A (247 UMS)

Right now Im calling myself the Queen of General Studies so if any girls did better then just don't tell me ok? LOL. Anyone do similar subjects to me? Get similar grades? ETC x x x

ReputationRep:
    AQA AS Biology

MOD1 82/105
    MOD2 81/105
    COURSEWORK 90/90 GRADE A 253 UMS

AQA AS ENGLISH LIT

SHAKESPEARE CW 90/90
    MODERN NOVEL 63/90
    TEXTS IN CONTEXT 120/120 GRADE A 273 UMS

CCEA AS CHEMISTRY

MOD1 105/105
    MOD2 105/105
    MOD3 81/90 GRADE A 291 UMS

ReputationRep:
    I posted my AS results earlier...already got 3 Es at A2, just worked it out. Lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I echo MadNatSci on this one. That girl must be a machine.
    You should've seen the interview report the school were sent! She achieved full marks in both admissions tests, and the letter was at her house when she got back from Oxford (a day after the interviews)! How cool would that be?

But she's not a machine, she's amazing and she has worked so hard. What is even better is that she manages to maintain a sense of modesty and balance, by helping to organise our sixth form Thursday nights out, where the form teachers all have to distibute paracetamol on the friday morning.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.