im 14 and not growing

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
sorry if this sounds like im paranoid but for the past year and a half i havnt noticed any growth at all. im currently a 5ft3 male who is fairly healthier than most kids my age but i havent been growing at all since i was roughly 12 and a half. its not the fact that im 5ft3 but the the fact that ive been 5ft3 since i was 12 ish. puberty wise im " well into it " in my opinion (lol) i have pubic hair (since i was like 12) but only recently developed underarm hair. almost no facial hair except a faint mustache and my voice deepened around age 13.

my mum thinks il grow to be the same height as my bro whos about 5ft9 and 18 but i doubt it. the only growthspurt i can remember was when i was 12 and i zoomed up during the summerholidays to around 5ft3. am i paranoid??? have i stopped growing???
thanks for your help
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt you've stopped growing, especially if you're healthy and if your family aren't particularly short. That's not to say you will grow to their height but I wouldn't be too worried at this stage. Not something you can really change after all, I'm fairly short compared to my mates at 5'7 and still growing, just have to bare the brunt of some short jokes. :P
username2957542
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
U wont stop at 14 im 19 so i wud say ive stopped
Aerospengie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you want to grow, eat a lot. You need extra calories to build new tissue. Aim for up to 2700 calories a day.
Conlyn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean I’ve had 5 X-Rays done and I have a 21 degree scoliosis and as well as my doctor saying I have 6 months to grow. I’m also 14 years of age and turned it on the 29th Of November so I’m 5’8 and almost 5’9 but as soon as she told me that I only had 6 months to grow I cried a bit when I left the hospital. For me 5’8 and and a bit is short I know I’m being really lucky being that height but is there still a chance of me growing in height even after 6 months?
Last edited by Conlyn; 1 year ago
MishelGotye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't stop. I know many examples when between 12 and 17 years have been pause growth. But after 16-17 years start intensiv growing.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From what you've described it doesn't sound as if you're as "well into puberty" as you think, I'm afraid! Your body will continue to change over the next few years and in that time should experience growth spurts.
Conlyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you 🙏🏻 that reassured me a bit.
Conlyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MishelGotye)
You don't stop. I know many examples when between 12 and 17 years have been pause growth. But after 16-17 years start intensiv growing.
Thank you 🙏🏻 This helped me a bit.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You won’t stop growing, at 14 I was 5’8” and at 16 I’m at 6’0”, you’ll keep growing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Haven’t been on tsr for sooo long lol so thanks for your awnsers, just an update for any kid reading this I’m 16 now and 5ft5 and tbh you learn to accept the height you are so don’t worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.09%
No (48)
21.82%
Not sure (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads