The Student Room Group

im 14 and not growing

sorry if this sounds like im paranoid but for the past year and a half i havnt noticed any growth at all. im currently a 5ft3 male who is fairly healthier than most kids my age but i havent been growing at all since i was roughly 12 and a half. its not the fact that im 5ft3 but the the fact that ive been 5ft3 since i was 12 ish. puberty wise im " well into it " in my opinion (lol) i have pubic hair (since i was like 12) but only recently developed underarm hair. almost no facial hair except a faint mustache and my voice deepened around age 13.

my mum thinks il grow to be the same height as my bro whos about 5ft9 and 18 but i doubt it. the only growthspurt i can remember was when i was 12 and i zoomed up during the summerholidays to around 5ft3. am i paranoid??? have i stopped growing???
thanks for your help

Scroll to see replies

I doubt you've stopped growing, especially if you're healthy and if your family aren't particularly short. That's not to say you will grow to their height but I wouldn't be too worried at this stage. Not something you can really change after all, I'm fairly short compared to my mates at 5'7 and still growing, just have to bare the brunt of some short jokes. :P
U wont stop at 14 im 19 so i wud say ive stopped
If you want to grow, eat a lot. You need extra calories to build new tissue. Aim for up to 2700 calories a day.
Reply 4
I mean I’ve had 5 X-Rays done and I have a 21 degree scoliosis and as well as my doctor saying I have 6 months to grow. I’m also 14 years of age and turned it on the 29th Of November so I’m 5’8 and almost 5’9 but as soon as she told me that I only had 6 months to grow I cried a bit when I left the hospital. For me 5’8 and and a bit is short I know I’m being really lucky being that height but is there still a chance of me growing in height even after 6 months?
(edited 5 years ago)
You don't stop. I know many examples when between 12 and 17 years have been pause growth. But after 16-17 years start intensiv growing.
From what you've described it doesn't sound as if you're as "well into puberty" as you think, I'm afraid! Your body will continue to change over the next few years and in that time should experience growth spurts. :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you 🙏🏻 that reassured me a bit.
Reply 8
Original post by MishelGotye
You don't stop. I know many examples when between 12 and 17 years have been pause growth. But after 16-17 years start intensiv growing.

Thank you 🙏🏻 This helped me a bit.
You won’t stop growing, at 14 I was 5’8” and at 16 I’m at 6’0”, you’ll keep growing.
Haven’t been on tsr for sooo long lol so thanks for your awnsers, just an update for any kid reading this I’m 16 now and 5ft5 and tbh you learn to accept the height you are so don’t worry :smile:
Yo have u grown lately. How tall are you now
That crazy because im 14 and im the size of a fully grown man exept slimmer
Original post by Help me please14
Yo have u grown lately. How tall are you now

No, same old me
I just now this type of fingers 🤣
everyoune is different and unique and everyoune grows at different stages so dont worry any time u can change like wait till ur like 16 or 17 or 18 many boys grow at that age and they grow taller so dont worry ok ,........

the OG is drinking milk thats all lol...................jokesssss
What Is your hight know?
my hight is 176 cm
I’m 14 years old and I’m only 4ft10 why’s that??
Reply 19
i've not grown in 3 years i feel your pain. I'm 14 and 5'4...

Latest