H&m help! Watch

sighsigh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just had one shift and really dont like how the management works so would i need to work a 2 week notice or just ring and quit seeing as they still need to train me?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sighsigh)
Just had one shift and really dont like how the management works so would i need to work a 2 week notice or just ring and quit seeing as they still need to train me?
This completely deends on your job and workplace. Speak to your manager and see what they say.
Zeea23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have applied for h and m a few times and they have said that my background and experience do not match what they are looking for although I have experience in McDonald's, Matalan & Tesco, is there any kind of help such as what I should put on my experience?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zeea23)
I have applied for h and m a few times and they have said that my background and experience do not match what they are looking for although I have experience in McDonald's, Matalan & Tesco, is there any kind of help such as what I should put on my experience?
The truth.

You can't just make things up to sound better.
nelfran29
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zeea23)
Hey, did you include your CV in your application for H&M by any chance if so make sure you adapt your personal profile to fit their requirements in their job specification you have the experience yes, but are you showing them that in addition to your previous jobs you are the best fit for their position because you love fashion and your passionate about helping the Business grow by treating all customers as an individual and always going the extra mile, it's all about working together as a team and doing the best job you can do.

I applied to H&M and got offered the job I also included a cover letter which tells them why I wanna work for them, I used their company history if your a regular customer you will know about the different brands and that their sizes are not indicated as uk sizes on their clothing itself for instance a size 10 = 14 you add 4 to the number and that's the size. The interview itself was easy.

I don't know what their recruitment process is yet, but if a suitable positions comes up I will apply and see what it's like and post to help others going through this process.

Hope this helped, also we all have transferable skills that we can transfer into any job so don't let this experience beat you, just adapt your cv and covering letter and make it personal to the company your applying to. Many recruiters are looking for the people who stand out and took the time to do their research and answer all their questions before meeting you. Also some recruiters use application software that detect words that the company is looking for such as due dilegence, or time management.

Look at each job specification and include the words they are looking for to include together with your experiences. I find that helps, these systems bin the applications where these buzzwords or keywords ain't detected.
ILikePasta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nelfran29)
Hey, did you include your CV in your application for H&M by any chance if so make sure you adapt your personal profile to fit their requirements in their job specification you have the experience yes, but are you showing them that in addition to your previous jobs you are the best fit for their position because you love fashion and your passionate about helping the Business grow by treating all customers as an individual and always going the extra mile, it's all about working together as a team and doing the best job you can do.

I applied to H&M and got offered the job I also included a cover letter which tells them why I wanna work for them, I used their company history if your a regular customer you will know about the different brands and that their sizes are not indicated as uk sizes on their clothing itself for instance a size 10 = 14 you add 4 to the number and that's the size. The interview itself was easy.

I don't know what their recruitment process is yet, but if a suitable positions comes up I will apply and see what it's like and post to help others going through this process.

Hope this helped, also we all have transferable skills that we can transfer into any job so don't let this experience beat you, just adapt your cv and covering letter and make it personal to the company your applying to. Many recruiters are looking for the people who stand out and took the time to do their research and answer all their questions before meeting you. Also some recruiters use application software that detect words that the company is looking for such as due dilegence, or time management.

Look at each job specification and include the words they are looking for to include together with your experiences. I find that helps, these systems bin the applications where these buzzwords or keywords ain't detected.
Just got an interview for tomorrow which they say is expected to be during a 2 hour period. Does this mean that they'll be doing test to see how I/we perform. Also do you have any insight as to what I can expect like if its as a group or solo, any sort of questions they'll have that aren't on the site and just anything else.
sk335
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ILikePasta)
Just got an interview for tomorrow which they say is expected to be during a 2 hour period. Does this mean that they'll be doing test to see how I/we perform. Also do you have any insight as to what I can expect like if its as a group or solo, any sort of questions they'll have that aren't on the site and just anything else.
I have a 2 hours Assessment Centre thing soon, what happened during yours? Did you have a 1 to 1 interview? It's say in my email you do activities but what type?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed