zeerules
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey all,

I have my maths skills test coming soon and im having trouble with revising. What are some good techniques/ revision sources to use when revising for maths especially the mental maths section?

pls help guys + THANKSSSS
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Practise makes perfect. Think about exam techniques. Also make sure you understand the concepts well and their applications. Use past papers to practise in the time allowed.
twentystraveller
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, if this is regarding maths, I have found you at the right place! I take maths A level. Maths is such a logical and brain tiring subject for some, revision for maths should essentially be non-stop. What I mean by that is, completing different practise papers/questions every day. Work hard on every topic because in maths, every mark counts! Generally, you could use other resources such as the internet, Youtube has a lot of maths help videos and tutorials if need be, anyone you know who is good at maths, parent(s) or friend(s), ask them! You can think about purchasing on textbooks and other revision workbooks, but it depends if in the long term, it will be worth it. One very efficient, and possibly most important way is tot ask and get help from your teacher(s), if your school offers workshops or even asking to meet and go through some questions with your teacher...teachers love it if you do this! (hopefully anyway).

At the moment, I can't think of anything else, I hope this helps! Good luck for the test!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads