The Student Room Group

does anyone know if this fashion website is fake?

https://www.choies.com/

i mean it looks very professional and google says it's a secure site, the only thing that seems shady is that EVERYTHING is reduced lmao
Has anyone shopped from here before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If anything I would pay, if possible, through paypal so you're paying securely. There are websites about which are reduced item, sale items and under £5 items. If anything research a bit more and pay through paypal if possible.

Theres a website called trustpilot and the reviews for the website you've posted about are very mixed - perhaps a sign and sometimes staff or whoever will purposely leave good feedback. Just double check everything - online shopping safely is important.
Original post by AAO
If anything I would pay, if possible, through paypal so you're paying securely. There are websites about which are reduced item, sale items and under £5 items. If anything research a bit more and pay through paypal if possible.

Theres a website called trustpilot and the reviews for the website you've posted about are very mixed - perhaps a sign and sometimes staff or whoever will purposely leave good feedback. Just double check everything - online shopping safely is important.

there's no option to pay through paypal :/ might just risk it as shipping is free so I'd only lose out on £50 if i ordered the jacket i want and it didn't arrive or was a scam
Original post by _princessxox
https://www.choies.com/

i mean it looks very professional and google says it's a secure site, the only thing that seems shady is that EVERYTHING is reduced lmao
Has anyone shopped from here before?

It does seem to be a genuine site, as there are a lot of clothing hauls where YouTubers have purchased items from this site & the majority of the time they have positive things to say about their shopping experience.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=choies

However I did come across a review online which basically accused the website of being a scam:
https://thevioletfox.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/ive-been-scammed-choies-com/

I've shopped on a site which is EXACTLY the same where every single item was reduced "Romwe" and "Shein" and had no issues with delivery however, the sizing was a bit off as they are both Chinese based sites so some clothes may come smaller than they intend & material is crappy quality.
there's no option to pay through paypal :/ might just risk it as shipping is free so I'd only lose out on £50 if i ordered the jacket i want and it didn't arrive or was a scam

Any order over 5o pound is free love.
Original post by SSPC_Prajapati
Any order over 5o pound is free love.

I know, I said shipping is free for my jacket as it's £50
I know, I said shipping is free for my jacket as it's £50

XX
Original post by squirrology
It does seem to be a genuine site, as there are a lot of clothing hauls where YouTubers have purchased items from this site & the majority of the time they have positive things to say about their shopping experience.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=choies

However I did come across a review online which basically accused the website of being a scam:
https://thevioletfox.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/ive-been-scammed-choies-com/

I've shopped on a site which is EXACTLY the same where every single item was reduced "Romwe" and "Shein" and had no issues with delivery however, the sizing was a bit off as they are both Chinese based sites so some clothes may come smaller than they intend & material is crappy quality.

how bad was the quality? ahhh I hate bad quality I'm just desperate for this pink jacket from coach but it's sold out and there's a really similar one on this site
how bad was the quality?

I've watched a ton of YouTube reviews on this site, the overall vibe I get is that the quality of the clothes are reflected in the price (fair enough) and if you don't mind being careful with the garments and wearing sparingly it should be okay

This website has SSL certificate which means that the connection is encrypted and secure.

Norton has verified this website: Link

The domain has been purchased 4 years ago, meaning that the website has been running for quite few years

BUT, The website is based in Hong Kong and the domain is registered under the name V- SHANGS which doesn't necessarily mean that it is unsafe but its is a Chinese company

Hope this helps :h:
how bad was the quality? ahhh I hate bad quality I'm just desperate for this pink jacket from coach but it's sold out and there's a really similar one on this site

It was pretty bad. The top that I ordered was practically transparent, and the material was pretty flimsy and cheap, bits of thread were also hanging from it, it definitely does not compare to your average retailer store for sure. The only decent thing I ordered was a cardigan.

If your ordering a jacket, I wouldn't risk it, the quality would most likely be extremely awful tbh.
Original post by squirrology
It was pretty bad. The top that I ordered was practically transparent, and the material was pretty flimsy and cheap, bits of thread were also hanging from it, it definitely does not compare to your average retailer store for sure. The only decent thing I ordered was a cardigan.

If your ordering a jacket, I wouldn't risk it, the quality would most likely be extremely awful tbh.

yeah hearing that has put me off so much :frown: the jacket is so cute though oh well
Reply 13
It's all made from 100% polyester or faux suede. At least all the ones i looked at. So they wouldn't cost that much in the first place. Also would be pretty **** quality too
Original post by coupd£tat
princess i thought you had an iq of 144

:toofunny:

I fully hate you
Original post by Devify
It's all made from 100% polyester or faux suede. At least all the ones i looked at. So they wouldn't cost that much in the first place. Also would be pretty **** quality too

oh :frown: it's okay I found one on net-a-porter :smile:
I mean it does say there's a clearance sale with up to 70% off so I would guess there's a sale. Plus everything will say it's reduced because it's 15% off your first order
(edited 7 years ago)
They also sell on eBay so try searching there. Look at the feedback. I don't have time right now to do it, sorry. Is you're a size 10 in U.K. Don't expect Chinese equivalent to be the same. Their sizing is notoriously small. And £50 is a lot to lose on rubbish
Did it come???
i ordered a hugo boss tracksuit from this site for my other half the tracksuit came in just over 2 weeks and thats with the coronavirus delays, the tracksuit is a replica but quality was really good and sizing was ok maybe slightly small but nothing major, i ordered a tracksuit from lightinthebox at the same time 3rd april and it still hasnt arrived but saramart updated me every step of tracking delivery and the tracksuit was only 20pound , i wasnt sure if they were a sacm or not but i would use them again now that this item arrived x

Quick Reply

Latest