The Student Room Group

BTEC in current UK universities?

Hi

I am currently doing the level 3 BTEC business course and am predicted D*D*D. I'm just curious to how Universities have treated people doing this course and would love to hear from current students that just got their offers back from universities to people that have had pass experience with it. On the top university websites it gives requirements on the BTEC but I don't know if they really stay true to this and still make it very hard for you to get a place. Was thinking about the top 10 universities as I do meet their BTEC requirements in the course and my GCSE results? For example Durham, Bristol etc.

Thanks!
Original post by samverran
Hi

I am currently doing the level 3 BTEC business course and am predicted D*D*D. I'm just curious to how Universities have treated people doing this course and would love to hear from current students that just got their offers back from universities to people that have had pass experience with it. On the top university websites it gives requirements on the BTEC but I don't know if they really stay true to this and still make it very hard for you to get a place. Was thinking about the top 10 universities as I do meet their BTEC requirements in the course and my GCSE results? For example Durham, Bristol etc.

Thanks!

If a university says in their entry requirements that they accept BTECS then do and they will consider you, they won't be harder on you. What degree at Durham/Bristol etc are you thinking of applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
If a university says in their entry requirements that they accept BTECS then do and they will consider you, they won't be harder on you. What degree at Durham/Bristol etc are you thinking of applying for?

I've only looked slightly into it and not to much research but most likely Business management or business management and marketing as I can't see many other degrees that will allow me onto their course because of my Business BTEC.
Normally if they'll accept it, it'll say "BBB or equivalent", this is normally relevant to a level 3 course. I did a level 3 course in business and achieved D*D*D* when I was offered a conditional place with DDM, they accepted me and there was no different treatment due to me taking a level 3 over doing A Levels. However it depends on the University for entry requirements. I am now doing Business and Management at Uni and I'm enjoying it!
Reply 4
Check the ucas points at the end of the day, most universities accept Btec.
I am doing my level 3 at the moment in health and social, and going for a degree in social work, all my choices offered me an interview, and in the interviews it hasn't been mentioned.
Reply 5
Original post by Katherine04961
Normally if they'll accept it, it'll say "BBB or equivalent", this is normally relevant to a level 3 course. I did a level 3 course in business and achieved D*D*D* when I was offered a conditional place with DDM, they accepted me and there was no different treatment due to me taking a level 3 over doing A Levels. However it depends on the University for entry requirements. I am now doing Business and Management at Uni and I'm enjoying it!

Would you mind me asking what Uni your attending?
Original post by samverran
Would you mind me asking what Uni your attending?

Oxford Brookes ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending