Has anyone taken computing gcse ocr Watch

Alvxny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently deciding my options for gcse, I want to take computing gcse (ocr) but People are saying it's really hard and the computing teacher at our school isn't very good. Can anyone who's taking gcse computing tell me if it's hard/how hard it is?
VATS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not hard.
Basic maths, basic logic.
You can easily learn Python in 30 minutes. And the theory work (A451) is pretty simple too.
But luckily for me i'm doing the old spec, and got 2 A*s for A452 and A453, and an A* for the A451 mocks.
It might be different for you, ask your teacher what the coursework is gonna be about.
Alvxny
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by VATS)
It's not hard.
Basic maths, basic logic.
You can easily learn Python in 30 minutes. And the theory work (A451) is pretty simple too.
But luckily for me i'm doing the old spec, and got 2 A*s for A452 and A453, and an A* for the A451 mocks.
It might be different for you, ask your teacher what the coursework is gonna be about.
Oh okay, also i currently thinking of taking geography, history, computing, triple science and french ; is it bad that I'm not taking any "Fun" subjects
VATS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alvxny)
Oh okay, also i currently thinking of taking geography, history, computing, triple science and french ; is it bad that I'm not taking any "Fun" subjects
It could be worse.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do edexcel but apparently the those years isn't too far away, and neither is the controlled assessment work. Controlled assessment isn't too bad, especially since the answers are all on YouTube, as long as you change some variable names etc. As for theory, it's a years worth of theory, so that gives you year 11 to revise it all, pretty relaxed but content is quite detailed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads