The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews University Halls

Hello everyone :biggrin:

I am thinking of accepting my offer to St Andrews University this year. If I do, I will have to apply for halls.

I am thinking of choosing self-catered accomodation, as I am quite a picky eater, and I think that self-catered will be more like the 'real world', where I have to set aside a budget for food and clean up after myself. However, some people suggest I should pick catered, as it means all food will be prepared for me, and I can focus on getting used to university life without the stress of managing my money.

Also, I wanted to choose en suite as I have OCD and get quite fussed about hygiene, and I don't know how I would cope in shared bathrooms XD But is en suite worth the extra money? Or should I go for standard?

Finally, what accomodation looks the nicest? I notice that catered accomodation seems to have the nicest exterior and common rooms, but self-catered have nicer bedrooms.

In short, please help me decide between self-catered or catered, and en suite or standard, and tell me which options have bette looking halls please! :biggrin:
Reply 1
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I guess no one knows about St Andrews Halls then? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chill, your post hasn't even been up for a day! There's a really thorough post on the different halls here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1663428 , which includes current/former students thoughts on each of the different halls.
Reply 4
Ahh thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest