The Student Room Group

Is dentistry still possible

Hi recently I have been looking into dentistry and I was wondering if my GCSEs would be competitive enough to put me in good standing (regardless of if they meet the minimum requirements) I got 8 As and an A*its just that so many candidates even the unsuccessful have much better
Tbh your GCSEs are fine. If you are keen on Dentistry, go for it! I'd advise you to get some work experience and any sort of community volunteering and most importantly work hard to get a good UKCAT score. This is my second time applying and I've found that a good UKCAT score would open up opportunities for interviews, as long as you meet a level predictions etc. If it's what you want to do, don't give up by thinking that everyone on here is going to have better GCSEs. Let's be honest, compared to a lot of people your GCSEs are brilliant! Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by DentApp13
Tbh your GCSEs are fine. If you are keen on Dentistry, go for it! I'd advise you to get some work experience and any sort of community volunteering and most importantly work hard to get a good UKCAT score. This is my second time applying and I've found that a good UKCAT score would open up opportunities for interviews, as long as you meet a level predictions etc. If it's what you want to do, don't give up by thinking that everyone on here is going to have better GCSEs. Let's be honest, compared to a lot of people your GCSEs are brilliant! Hope that helps.

Thank you this is very helpful! :biggrin: and good luck with your current application :h:

Quick Reply

Latest