The Student Room Group

Do you ever see ages 30+ students at uni?

Scroll to see replies

What a narrow-minded question. Uni isn't exclusively for young people but open to all ages and people of different life stages wanting to better themselves and their career or life ambitions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
do the people over 30 find it hard to get jobs after they finish?

A recruitment Manager told me once before that employers tend to favor the young 21 years olds fresh out of uni so they can mould them into what they want and train them up long term so they can progress through the ranks of the company and take over from others when their time comes..
Original post by ANM775
do the people over 30 find it hard to get jobs after they finish?

A recruitment Manager told me once before that employers tend to favor the young 21 years olds fresh out of uni so they can mould them into what they want and train them up long term so they can progress through the ranks of the company and take over from others when their time comes..

it probably depends on the manager. some people will want to mould people but others will want some life experience. i am putting my experience together with a degree to hopefully offer a very rare combination. the only problem is that i have no idea where to start looking for a job because it is such a rare combination

Quick Reply

Latest