Ryan_95
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does it really matter at the end of it? (Been offered ACCA, not sure whether to take it)
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ryan_95)
Does it really matter at the end of it? (Been offered ACCA, not sure whether to take it)
Depends, if you want to move abroad ACCA is better while if you want to stay in the UK, the ACA is generally considered more prestigious (though on average a higher proportion of ACAS are B4 qualified than ACCAs which highly skews salary figures out of a meaningful range).

It also depends if you're training in industry or in public practice. If the latter, ACCA is kind of weird
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nowadays they're very similar. You can work abroad with both. ACA just has the prestige factor which is absent in ACCA.

It's not weird to do ACCA in practice. In fact, many people do.

At the end of the day, most job offers post qualifying will simply request a 'Qualified Accountant' and you'll find very few (if any) that demand either ACA only or ACCA only.
username1515897
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ACA has always been above ACCA
ACCA is more business focused than ACA

Both can be used internationally but ACCA is more recognised there
Either way if you get the qual no one really cares unless you join the top 10 firms who all want ACA. But the stigma is going since ACA is incorporating elements of ACCA business focus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (364)
59%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.35%
No- I want it (175)
28.36%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.29%

Watched Threads

Latest