The Student Room Group

Transfer from FdSc to BSc at end of first year

Hi - I'm new to this so excuse me if it's in the wrong place. I started on an FdSc in Marine Conservation in September last year - most of the modules combined the FdSc students and the BSc (Applied Marine Zoology) students in the same group.

My tutor has just asked if I want to change to the BSc group as of next year (rather than waiting until year three to do a top-up) as he thinks my work is up to it.

Firstly is this a good idea and if it is does it mean I have to re-apply to UCAS and for student finance etc. Sorry if they're stupid questions but I've returned to education at age 52 and I'm still not quite au-fait with the protocols.
Original post by Orcanick
Hi - I'm new to this so excuse me if it's in the wrong place. I started on an FdSc in Marine Conservation in September last year - most of the modules combined the FdSc students and the BSc (Applied Marine Zoology) students in the same group.

My tutor has just asked if I want to change to the BSc group as of next year (rather than waiting until year three to do a top-up) as he thinks my work is up to it.

Firstly is this a good idea and if it is does it mean I have to re-apply to UCAS and for student finance etc. Sorry if they're stupid questions but I've returned to education at age 52 and I'm still not quite au-fait with the protocols.

You need to ask your tutor about the process - it's unlikely to mean reapplying to UCAS or anything like that but you will need to notify student finance of the new course (your university can do that for you).

Quick Reply

Latest