The Student Room Group

Guy I'm dating is TOO nice?

I've been on two dates with a guy, who I've been speaking to for about a month. I usually attract the wrong sort, so I'm not used to having the attention of a 'nice guy'. He's really polite and kind to the point it makes me cringe. He never winds me up and he always corrects me if I make a joke about myself. I am also quite confident and he's really on the shy side.

I'm not sure if I just need to get used to him... or if there's serious compatibility issues?

Scroll to see replies

Do you like this guy? If not, break up with him. That is generally how relationships work
you need a real thug in ya life-2Pac
It sounds as though you like him, what is the problem?
What nice guy as in 'Nice Guy'?

Reply 5
Would you like him to be a bad boy then? If that's what you're in to and you're complaining about someone being not your type (i.e. too nice) then there is no point in seeing​ him anymore.
I like em bad and so do you :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been on two dates with a guy, who I've been speaking to for about a month. I usually attract the wrong sort, so I'm not used to having the attention of a 'nice guy'. He's really polite and kind to the point it makes me cringe. He never winds me up and he always corrects me if I make a joke about myself. I am also quite confident and he's really on the shy side.

I'm not sure if I just need to get used to him... or if there's serious compatibility issues?
Ah yeh break up with him if you can't get it out of him.

Yeh might just need to get it out of him. Yeh know mess with his head a little to get a response from him. And then make it a game between yee. In no time he'll have some confidence and personality to him.

Original post by gabriellakhan
I like em bad and so do you :wink:
Lel
The guy being nice and caring is cringey for you? What a joke, you deserve one of them roadmans around the corner in your life.
Original post by Steljoy
The guy being nice and caring is cringey for you? What a joke, you deserve one of them roadmans around the corner in your life.

PRSOM !!!!
Original post by emerald7770
PRSOM !!!!

OMG I can't believe I still can't rep you :rofl:
Thank your lucky stars!

I'd rather pick a genuinely real nice guy over a bad boy all the time.I think maybe subconsciously, you really don't expect anyone to treat you the way you actually deserve to be treated. Hence your adverse reaction towards him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Girls: I want a man who treats me right
Also girls: he's too nice it's cringe

:colonhash:
Original post by AppleB

PRSOM :colonhash:

So true :lol:
Reply 14
Original post by AppleB

****ing ***** right lol
It sounds like you have a problem not him. He is being himself and open.

Are you?
Original post by BintM
PRSOM :colonhash:

So true :lol:

It' annoys me like no wonder guys are confused all the time and turn into bad puddings smh:colonhash:

Original post by GiyasU
****ing ***** right lol

Sorry?
That is so true
Reply 18
Original post by AppleB
It' annoys me like no wonder guys are confused all the time and turn into bad puddings smh:colonhash:

Sorry?

Agreed :yep:
Girls are confusing, they need to make their minds up :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest