Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy I'm dating is TOO nice?

I've been on two dates with a guy, who I've been speaking to for about a month. I usually attract the wrong sort, so I'm not used to having the attention of a 'nice guy'. He's really polite and kind to the point it makes me cringe. He never winds me up and he always corrects me if I make a joke about myself. I am also quite confident and he's really on the shy side.

I'm not sure if I just need to get used to him... or if there's serious compatibility issues?

ReputationRep:
    Do you like this guy? If not, break up with him. That is generally how relationships work

ReputationRep:
    you need a real thug in ya life-2Pac

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as though you like him, what is the problem?

ReputationRep:
    What nice guy as in 'Nice Guy'?

https://ryanh0817.files.wordpress.co...y-syndrome.png

ReputationRep:
    Would you like him to be a bad boy then? If that's what you're in to and you're complaining about someone being not your type (i.e. too nice) then there is no point in seeing​ him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I like em bad and so do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been on two dates with a guy, who I've been speaking to for about a month. I usually attract the wrong sort, so I'm not used to having the attention of a 'nice guy'. He's really polite and kind to the point it makes me cringe. He never winds me up and he always corrects me if I make a joke about myself. I am also quite confident and he's really on the shy side.

I'm not sure if I just need to get used to him... or if there's serious compatibility issues?
    Ah yeh break up with him if you can't get it out of him.

Yeh might just need to get it out of him. Yeh know mess with his head a little to get a response from him. And then make it a game between yee. In no time he'll have some confidence and personality to him.

(Original post by gabriellakhan)
    I like em bad and so do you
    Lel

ReputationRep:
    The guy being nice and caring is cringey for you? What a joke, you deserve one of them roadmans around the corner in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

How polite we talkin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    The guy being nice and caring is cringey for you? What a joke, you deserve one of them roadmans around the corner in your life.
    PRSOM !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    PRSOM !!!!
    OMG I can't believe I still can't rep you :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Thank your lucky stars!

I'd rather pick a genuinely real nice guy over a bad boy all the time.I think maybe subconsciously, you really don't expect anyone to treat you the way you actually deserve to be treated. Hence your adverse reaction towards him.

Girls: I want a man who treats me right
    Also girls: he's too nice it's cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)

PRSOM

So true :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)

****ing ***** right lol

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you have a problem not him. He is being himself and open.

Are you?

(Original post by BintM)
    PRSOM

So true :lol:
    It' annoys me like no wonder guys are confused all the time and turn into bad puddings smh

(Original post by GiyasU)
    ****ing ***** right lol
    Sorry?

ReputationRep:
    That is so true

ReputationRep:
    http://img.memecdn.com/being-a-nice-guy_o_1072191.jpg

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How many mugs of tea do you drink a day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.