The Student Room Group

Are Muslims serving a scapegoat role?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AishaGirl
And what about the 10% of atheists in the UK that do not believe in same sex relations? Are they also religious bigots?

Homosexuality is just something I don't agree with plain and simple, deal with it because there's not much you can do about peoples personal opinions.

They are bigots, but they dont have religion attached to their silly views.

We're not meant to deal with any opinions. You can also deal with the opinion, supported by facts, that when people like Le Pen gain power, the world will have finally realised the truth about Islam.
Original post by cadaanshaydaan
Saudi Arabia, despite being the birth place of Islam, isn't exactly known for it's humanitarian efforts. It's inhuman treatment of migrant workers, the deprivation of civil rights to it's black population, it's treatment of women. My favourite one, is the fact that it exploits a compulsory religious duty for financial gain.

Dubai is also known for its inhumane treatment of migrant workers as well as being hypocritical, alcohol and gambling is legal but homosexuality is subject to the ever draconian Sharia Law. And also it's rape culture.

You're not going to find @AishaGirl giving you replies to solid arguments. Don't waste your time on her, she has too much pride in her to accept the facts.
Original post by bex.anne
I really disagree with this fact. It's just because only muslims are called terrorists, a white person is almost never deemed a terrorist when they commit the same act as a brown person. There are several non muslim terrorists, i don't even think its a matter of 'the majority of terrorists are muslim', it's the just the majority of people we call terrorists are muslim.

You weren't alive during the troubles in N.Ireland.
Original post by 10 Level Woke
You weren't alive during the troubles in N.Ireland.

Careful that doesn't fit the narrative.

The Continent had its fair share as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism
Original post by coupdetat123
I disagree. It would further degenerate society. Having children outside of a legal union is not good. You can already see the effects now as having children outside of wedlock is becoming more acceptable, there are exponentially more single mothers and trashy kids about

Marriage as it currently stands is not a contract, at least personalised contracts provide scope to allow people to contract.
Original post by Piketty4
They are bigots, but they dont have religion attached to their silly views.

Also, the thing is that a secular or rationally derived opinion is much more malleable to change in terms of logic, evidence and counter arguments. Religious views are by their very nature (usually)dogmatic, and driven by the absolutism of scripture. This is what's dangerous to the west, this lack of evolutionary capacity.
And what about the 10% of atheists in the UK that do not believe in same sex relations? Are they also religious bigots?

Homosexuality is just something I don't agree with plain and simple, deal with it because there's not much you can do about peoples personal opinions.

I don't know if I even dare state the possible problems with condemning homosexuality relative to Mohammeds reputed sexual behaviour...

I'm now convincing myself that I am more sympathetic to the right on this.....via just feeling the need to self-censor so heavily....
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I don't know if I even dare state the possible problems with condemning homosexuality relative to Mohammeds reputed sexual behaviour...

I'm now convincing myself that I am more sympathetic to the right on this.....via just feeling the need to self-censor so heavily....

What does this have to do with same sex relations? Or which 10% of British atheists oppose? You act like Muslims are the only people who disagree with it.
The majority of Muslims in the UK don't agree with homosexuality because they view it as something that is against their religion. I'm not sure if the poll figures will drastically change over time, as I think British Muslims are actually more conservative than Muslims from other countries.
Original post by Lord Gaben
The majority of Muslims in the UK don't agree with homosexuality because they view it as something that is against their religion.

It spreads diseases, it's damaging to population growth, if they adopt a child, the child will grow up without a mother and yes, it is a major sin in my religion.

Religion isn't the only reason one may oppose it, as demonstrated by 10% of atheists disagreeing with homosexuality.
Not really. I'm a Muslim but I support Donald Trump. There is a massive problem of terrorism in the Muslim community. There was another terrorist attack today, most likely done by a Muslim. Whether Muslims want to accept it or not, there is a massive problem of terrorism in the Muslim community and the only way to reduce terrorism in the west is by reducing the number of Muslims in the west. As of this moment, immigration from every single Muslim country should end. And the Muslims currently living in the west should be closely monitored. All the Muslims should stop playing the victim card and realise that there are many Muslims who are either terrorists or sympathise with these terrorists. Trump is right and we should all support him.
What does this have to do with same sex relations? Or which 10% of British atheists oppose? You act like Muslims are the only people who disagree with it.

Nothing much, just it dawned on me how little criticism is possible without risking your life.

That is where Islam is not just 'any religion'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending