The Student Room Group

Aleppo is now besieged by ISIS. Are ISIS making a comeback?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambitious1999
Just when people thought ISIS was over there has been a massive offensive east of Hama effectively cutting Aleppo off from the outside world.

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2017/20-march-situation-has-not-changed-in-east-hama-the-ithriyasalamiyah

According to what I heard on the radio news, ISIS are moving heavy tanks and artillery (and possibly apache helicopters? ) to force SAA to retreat from Aleppo and could even be capturing large amounts of equipment from SAA and Russian forces.
This all comes as SAA captured IS territory near lake Assad, it seems the Daesh has made tactical retreat and instead turned on a counter offensive to besiege Aleppo.

Could this be the end for the regime and resurgence of the Daesh organisation across Syria?

Isis were always go and melt away and start a conflict elsewhere, probably North Africa somewhere like Libya

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder what South front will have to say about this ...

EDIT -
They made a video claiming "all attacks were repelled". Lol, gotta love Putin propaganda.
(edited 7 years ago)
The thing that distinguishes ISIS is that they have been able to occupy territory with a degree of permanence. This gave them a population and a revenue stream. Their ability to hold that territory is much depleted now, so they will just go back to being a superfunded terrorist organisation.

The OP regularly sings their praises or bigs them up. the last time it was about the supposed ISIS airforce. he is a fantasist. the following week he will big up Assad for his peace loving ways. he has a very active imagination. Id like to think its just naivety, but t happens on a regular basis and he devotes a lot of time to making such threads that have little substance. I wonder how he manages to get away with such alarmist posts all the time.
Original post by l'etranger
I wasn't drawing a direct comparison in terms of the material facts on the ground and how they match up in the two cases. OP has a history of concern trolling in favour of Daesh and I don't see how throwing their forces at their enemies in response to setbacks is supposed to make us feel like this fight against Daesh is failing.

Not at all in favour of Daesh that's why I call then Daesh because it's a derogatory and insulting term for ISIS.

It's just important to beware of what could happen instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending every thing is hunky dory. If that supply corridor is cut and it's only 2 miles wide at narrowest point the Daesh could link up with FSA jihadists in Idlib who border Turkey.

But then Trump has promised to destroy Daesh before the end of 2017 and Putin has considered using battlefield nuclear warheads if Daesh don't go away.
Original post by 999tigger
The thing that distinguishes ISIS is that they have been able to occupy territory with a degree of permanence. This gave them a population and a revenue stream. Their ability to hold that territory is much depleted now, so they will just go back to being a superfunded terrorist organisation.

The OP regularly sings their praises or bigs them up. the last time it was about the supposed ISIS airforce. he is a fantasist. the following week he will big up Assad for his peace loving ways. he has a very active imagination. Id like to think its just naivety, but t happens on a regular basis and he devotes a lot of time to making such threads that have little substance. I wonder how he manages to get away with such alarmist posts all the time.

But to 'Big up' something like Daesh does not mean you like them. I never said I liked Daesh. How many times do tabloids like the sun or daily fail 'Big up' things they don't like? The tabolids claim there are far more illegal immigrants than there actually are and the tabloids also claim every one on welfare is a cheat... and that crime is out of control.
But doesn't mean the tory tabloids like criminals just because the 'big them up.

But I will admit I do support Assad and the YPG because that is the only realistic stable future for Syria.
Original post by cbreef
He abandoned the fight for Mosul last week :rofl:

the USAF are dropping Mothercare catalogues on the outskirts of Raqqa to lure the terrorists out.
It's just important to beware of what could happen instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending every thing is hunky dory.

So instead you're choosing to removing your head from the sand but remaining in the desert, going mad with dehydration and finally becoming blatantly delusional?

sound
Not at all in favour of Daesh that's why I call then Daesh because it's a derogatory and insulting term for ISIS.

It's just important to beware of what could happen instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending every thing is hunky dory. If that supply corridor is cut and it's only 2 miles wide at narrowest point the Daesh could link up with FSA jihadists in Idlib who border Turkey.

That supply route has been cut by the rebels or by ISIS (on at least one occasion by both attacking at the same time) several times last year, and never for very long. The governent always re-opens the road quickly. The same will happen again if ISIS do manage to cut it again. The area is quite open and isn't very good for the rebels or for ISIS due to the government's air power advantage - it's not like they've captured a large built up area that they can fortify.

Oh, and Aleppo now has a functioning airport no longer near any ISIS or rebel frontline. So even if the road is cut the city is not actually "cut off".
Just when people thought ISIS was over there has been a massive offensive east of Hama effectively cutting Aleppo off from the outside world.

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2017/20-march-situation-has-not-changed-in-east-hama-the-ithriyasalamiyah

According to what I heard on the radio news, ISIS are moving heavy tanks and artillery (and possibly apache helicopters? ) to force SAA to retreat from Aleppo and could even be capturing large amounts of equipment from SAA and Russian forces.
This all comes as SAA captured IS territory near lake Assad, it seems the Daesh has made tactical retreat and instead turned on a counter offensive to besiege Aleppo.

Could this be the end for the regime and resurgence of the Daesh organisation across Syria?

They have a large military a lot of tanks and aircraft and possibly Apache helicopters but they would have to steal them more likely a hin-d or something Russian. But they then probably have splinter groups all over the world to make sure they're not all in one place because of they all stay in one place they won't survive if they get beaten there. They must have quite a lot of equipment because there was a missile shot out of a US boat and I heard bombs strike during the last war when I was in Cyprus but nothing to that scale.
OP is a cuck. I know because I banged his woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending