Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has ne1 ever got in2 Oxford through clearing? Or is it impossible even if you have 6 A's at A-level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sideshowbob)
    Has ne1 ever got in2 Oxford through clearing? Or is it impossible even if you have 6 A's at A-level?
    Oxford and Cambridge don't enter clearing i believe

G

ReputationRep:
    Oxford never enter Clearing, but last year Cambridge did for a couple of lesser subjects - education and teaching i think

ReputationRep:
    Oxford and LSE Never take part in clearing. I know Imperial and Cambridge do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Oxford and LSE Never take part in clearing. I know Imperial and Cambridge do.
    Cambridge only take part in clearing if you wish to study a PGC of Education. They refuse to take people on who try and use it as a back-door of entering cams.

Oxford do NOT participate in clearing. Many of the science subjects have OPEN offer candidates (myself included) who are guaranteed to have a place (providing the conditions of the offer are met) but who are not assigned to a college until after results. These candidates are used to fill in gaps where others have not met the grades.

So even if you have outstanding A-Level results, you will NOT get a place through clearing at Oxbridge. Your best bet is to apply the following year (foolish in my opinion unless you've already planned a gap year, since there are more important things in life that getting to Oxbridge - you'll be happy which ever Uni you end up.)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.