The Student Room Group

Ocr/aqa/edexcel biology- a level- new spec - 2017!!! Have you started revision yet?

Hey everyone. lets make this the official biology revision thread for the new spec. i know its pretty tough but we are all capable to achive success. Has anybody started revision yet? if yes then how are you revsing, what methods work best for you! lets all unite!!!!
I'm gonna be honest, I'm struggling to revise and i'm getting a variety of results in the mini-tests we do varying from A's to E's

I look at the spec and get blown away by the amount of stuff there is to learn i can't find any motivation what-so-ever, I keep thinking that if i start revising so soon that it wont stick and it'll be pointless :/

I try and make my own cue cards to revise though, like use questions from past exam papers/ textbooks.
Just did the ocr specimen paper, absolute myth
Not hyped for the real thing
Reply 3
Original post by theboss1738
Just did the ocr specimen paper, absolute myth
Not hyped for the real thing

Trust me the specimens and practice papers are much harder compared to the real exam. Last year we done a specimen mock 2 weeks before the exam and i got an E. 2 weeks later i got a B in the actual exam.
This year theres a girl going to oxbridge and got 4 As at as got a D in the mock so its nothing to worry about
Just use the past papers of old spec
Reply 4
Original post by CopyThat
I'm gonna be honest, I'm struggling to revise and i'm getting a variety of results in the mini-tests we do varying from A's to E's

I look at the spec and get blown away by the amount of stuff there is to learn i can't find any motivation what-so-ever, I keep thinking that if i start revising so soon that it wont stick and it'll be pointless :/

I try and make my own cue cards to revise though, like use questions from past exam papers/ textbooks.

I was in the same position as u like weeks ago. As soon as i plannedout a whole revision plan from now till may i felt so much more relaxed. So that if i follow this plan properly i will be finished my notes in may. Then i have a month left for past papers. This technique was taught to me from an A* grade student/friend who is now in imperial. Thank me when u getur results:wink:
Does anyone know any good useful resources to use for learning topics as well as revision?
Reply 6
Original post by amy099_099
Does anyone know any good useful resources to use for learning topics as well as revision?

physicsandmathstutor has got worksheets, notes as well as past papers from most examboards and years. I guess it varies examboard to examboard but the content is mainly the same throughout all of them.
Reply 7
Original post by amy099_099

Yes you can try ms millers blog for biology. Khan academy always explaned processes well too even tho his vids are so long. Physics and maths tutors are the best tho sooooo much resources with questions and answers
Reply 8
For gcse?

Quick Reply

Latest