The Student Room Group

How to apply for EEA migrant status and the maintainance loan?

Hi there,

I'm an EU student starting my course this September and I am trying to get some imformation how to apply for the tution loan and maitanance loan as I am working full- time in UK .

Beacuse I'm working here I should be able to get EEA migrant worker status which allows me to get both loans. If I understood correctly, I need to fill in PN1 and send it off? However, it is really confusing because this form is available on gov.uk but when I wanted to apply online it said: EU application forms are not available until April 2017.

Shall I wait for those forms or send PN1?

Thanks!
Original post by radka1994
Hi there,

I'm an EU student starting my course this September and I am trying to get some imformation how to apply for the tution loan and maitanance loan as I am working full- time in UK .

Beacuse I'm working here I should be able to get EEA migrant worker status which allows me to get both loans. If I understood correctly, I need to fill in PN1 and send it off? However, it is really confusing because this form is available on gov.uk but when I wanted to apply online it said: EU application forms are not available until April 2017.

Shall I wait for those forms or send PN1?

Thanks!

EU application forms are for EU resident EU citizens (and so only able to claim the tuition fee loan). If you're applying for migrant worker status then you need to apply as if you are a English student - either online (or if it doesn't work - lots of UK resident EU citizens have found the online forms aren't working correctly for them) then using the paper version of the UK form: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/apply-loans-grants/year-1718/new-student
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending