Good revision websites for biopsychology As level

Watch
username2864572
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a test and need to revise for biopsychology but I don't find the note by my teacher helpful or effective so I was wondering if anyone knew of any really good websites or videos to help me understand biopsychology AS level
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm on A2 so I'm not sure how much of this applies only to AS but this website and their videos are incredible!

https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/videos
username2864572
Rep:
?
(Original post by greghayes)
I'm on A2 so I'm not sure how much of this applies only to AS but this website and their videos are incredible!

https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/videos
Thank you soo much !!
username2488767
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mariah Del Ray)
Thank you soo much !!
If you need any help, just message me I'm an A* psych student hoping to go on to do it at degree and beyond!
username2864572
Rep:
?
If you need any help, just message me I'm an A* psych student hoping to go on to do it at degree and beyond!
That would be very useful, thank you very much
CuriousShinigami
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just have 1 question.. Do you have any tips about remembering studies? There is a lot.. I know I don't need them all but.. I'm struggling to remember them (especially Biopsychology studies as my teacher says we need them..?)
username2488767
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CuriousShinigami)
I just have 1 question.. Do you have any tips about remembering studies? There is a lot.. I know I don't need them all but.. I'm struggling to remember them (especially Biopsychology studies as my teacher says we need them..?)
It's easier for me as I am better at learning numbers and statistics more than anything else. For things like Zimbardo, it might help to watch the actual studies on youtube (I've seen Zimbardo, Milgram, Asch, and Harlow so far) as this might help you to remember the methods used for clearly. It might also help with remembering key facts (I mean who wouldn't remember the studies when you're looking at cute monkeys?).

For things like biopsychology, my method is literally to pace my room and recite the page without looking until I can get it right. That's what works best for me but I know people that use flash cards, pictures and colours, making songs or videos, lots really. It depends on what kind of learner you are (although that doesn't usually mean anything really). Maybe you could associate pictures to key facts, so draw out something next to it that you know relates to that study? Just something that sticks out. Remember though, you only can get a maximum of 6 marks for description so it isn't the end of the world if you forget a statistic. And they sometimes give you a bit of leverage if you get near enough. Maybe say "over 40%" if you can't remember whether it's 43 or 44% for example.
CuriousShinigami
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's easier for me as I am better at learning numbers and statistics more than anything else. For things like Zimbardo, it might help to watch the actual studies on youtube (I've seen Zimbardo, Milgram, Asch, and Harlow so far) as this might help you to remember the methods used for clearly. It might also help with remembering key facts (I mean who wouldn't remember the studies when you're looking at cute monkeys?).

For things like biopsychology, my method is literally to pace my room and recite the page without looking until I can get it right. That's what works best for me but I know people that use flash cards, pictures and colours, making songs or videos, lots really. It depends on what kind of learner you are (although that doesn't usually mean anything really). Maybe you could associate pictures to key facts, so draw out something next to it that you know relates to that study? Just something that sticks out. Remember though, you only can get a maximum of 6 marks for description so it isn't the end of the world if you forget a statistic. And they sometimes give you a bit of leverage if you get near enough. Maybe say "over 40%" if you can't remember whether it's 43 or 44% for example.
That's actually a brilliant idea Considering how they like to ask about those classic studies in Paper 1. I find I can learn from videos a lot better than just from staring at my notes - I can't believe I forgot about those clips of studies on Youtube -_-

Drawing pictures to go with studies sounds interesting.. I tried it ages ago in lesson when learning how social change occurs. I think I might try making the numbers easier to recall.. that'd definitely help.. can always talk about a certain result but I struggle to remember all those percentages xD So thank you for those tips
I've been told that they may ask us a 16 marker on Biopsychology research so I need to know the studies
To be honest it'd be good to know some just in case

Thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.92%
I don't have everything I need (193)
43.08%

Watched Threads