The Student Room Group

Applying to Medicine at Nottingham

Hello everyone.
I'm thinking of applying to study medicine at Nottingham and was hoping anyone knows what more I need to do specifically for Nottingham.

-At the moment I have 2 weeks of work experience, one in a hospital and one in a GP surgery.
-I have recently started voluntary work at a care home for elderly people and up to September it will sum to about 6 months
-I am a cadet First Aider at SJA (for ~2 years)
-I attend a Parkour and fitness class (and have been doing so for ~5 years)
-I have completed DofE silver and Gold is in progress.

I am not sure about my application strength at the moment. Someone at College said it would be good to start some other care work, someone else told me that Nottingham would like for students to have worked in a job for some time.
I have no way of verifying the validity of these sources and on top of that I am not sure how much more I can add into my timetable.

So essentially, for applying to Nottingham University, do I need to have worked some time in a job? Should I start another care placement? Is my application looking strong so far, if not, what more do I need to do?

If there are any nottingham students or staff around to answer that would be really great.
Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Psear
Hello everyone.
I'm thinking of applying to study medicine at Nottingham and was hoping anyone knows what more I need to do specifically for Nottingham.

I've moved your thread to the Medicine Forum. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending