Any advice?

Watch this thread
Spkrblst
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a self-taught student sitting both A-level Maths and Further Maths exams next year (along with Physics AS but that's not important).

I'm 23, and I've been an electrical engineer for over 5 years, I got 100% in my Maths/Physics Exams when training to be an Engineer and I also got an A* in GCSE Maths.

I'm going to be frank, and I don't want it to sound big headed. I find A-level Maths **** easy. It took me a little under 3 months to learn the full A-level Syllabus and I'm just touching up on my knowledge of FP2 & FP3.

When practicing a module I get 100% on the "exam-style questions", I also have done the solomon papers and I get near enough 100% on them. I know I should be getting an A* on the day of the exam, anything less and I've failed myself. I know it sounds stupid but I won't be happy if I walk out with an A. However when doing past papers and marking them against the mark scheme I'll often make silly errors in my working out and lose the odd mark here or there and sometimes actually get a B in the papers... I know I could be marking these too strictly/being too hard on myself but I know I'm not a B, I shouldn't be getting a B, What advice do you have for someone in my position? What if this happens on the day of the exams? WHY CAN'T I GET 100% ON THESE PAST PAPERS -_-... It's really bugging me. I've done nearly all the c3/c4 past papers and I'm simply not happy with the result... How can I avoid making these stupid mistakes? Overlooking simple things that I should be getting marks on?

I appreciate any advice, sorry if I come across a bit stressed, It's because I am.
username1732491
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Silly errors usually occur as a result of tiredness. Get some more sleep, pal.
IAMP1
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by spkrblst)
i'm a self-taught student sitting both a-level maths and further maths exams next year (along with physics as but that's not important).

I'm 23, and i've been an electrical engineer for over 5 years, i got 100% in my maths/physics exams when training to be an engineer and i also got an a* in gcse maths.

I'm going to be frank, and i don't want it to sound big headed. I find a-level maths **** easy. It took me a little under 3 months to learn the full a-level syllabus and i'm just touching up on my knowledge of fp2 & fp3.

When practicing a module i get 100% on the "exam-style questions", i also have done the solomon papers and i get near enough 100% on them. I know i should be getting an a* on the day of the exam, anything less and i've failed myself. I know it sounds stupid but i won't be happy if i walk out with an a. However when doing past papers and marking them against the mark scheme i'll often make silly errors in my working out and lose the odd mark here or there and sometimes actually get a b in the papers... I know i could be marking these too strictly/being too hard on myself but i know i'm not a b, i shouldn't be getting a b, what advice do you have for someone in my position? What if this happens on the day of the exams? Why can't i get 100% on these past papers -_-... It's really bugging me. I've done nearly all the c3/c4 past papers and i'm simply not happy with the result... How can i avoid making these stupid mistakes? Overlooking simple things that i should be getting marks on?

I appreciate any advice, sorry if i come across a bit stressed, it's because i am.
drop the subject and do media, worked for me currently at the uni of galway studying hair and make up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.15%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (55)
55.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.04%

Watched Threads