The Student Room Group

Work Experience

I really need some help finding work experience, it is a requirement in my school.
Currently, I am in year 12 and doing my Business, Politics, History and Religious Studies for my A-levels.
At the moment I want to either go into business (finance, accounting, marketing) or politics.
Any suggestions on where to ask would be highly appreciated!
Original post by KatieLouise135
I really need some help finding work experience, it is a requirement in my school.
Currently, I am in year 12 and doing my Business, Politics, History and Religious Studies for my A-levels.
At the moment I want to either go into business (finance, accounting, marketing) or politics.
Any suggestions on where to ask would be highly appreciated!

Ask your parents.

Orrrr....

First spend some time polishing your CV and how to write cover letters. Plenty of resources online to guide you through those two things. My advice would be to really understand and be clear on your motivation when applying to a particular company.

Then send speculative applications to local companies and see how you get on.

Good luck!
I can't speak about finding business specific work experience but as part of the entrance to the veterinary medicine course I had to find a great deal of work experience. The best advice I could give is if at all possible try and actually visit the place you wish to go for work experience to ask in person. If that is not feasible a phone call will go far further than an email.

Quick Reply

Latest