Uni of Notts best self catered accomodation? Watch

waitforkate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can anyone advise me on the best self catered accomodation at Nottingham uni? I care most about having a good social experience, and will be going to university park campus. I was thinking Raleigh park as my first choice, anyone heard anything about it? Which is better, St. Peter's court, broad gate park, Albion house or Raleigh park?
Thanks
TrafLaw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by waitforkate)
Can anyone advise me on the best self catered accomodation at Nottingham uni? I care most about having a good social experience, and will be going to university park campus. I was thinking Raleigh park as my first choice, anyone heard anything about it? Which is better, St. Peter's court, broad gate park, Albion house or Raleigh park?
Thanks
I'd day Broadgate since its literally across the road from the main campus - where all the action is - however I've heard that Raleigh park has a very good community feel. Broadgate is the biggest halls in Europe so there will be lots of social people but then also lots of international students etc (although the uni does put international students together and freshers with other freshers). St peters court is filled with international students and postgrads and is often described as 'isolated' and I haven't heard anything good about Albion. Choose between Broadgate and Raleigh.
frasercee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TrafLaw)
I'd day Broadgate since its literally across the road from the main campus - where all the action is - however I've heard that Raleigh park has a very good community feel. Broadgate is the biggest halls in Europe so there will be lots of social people but then also lots of international students etc (although the uni does put international students together and freshers with other freshers). St peters court is filled with international students and postgrads and is often described as 'isolated' and I haven't heard anything good about Albion. Choose between Broadgate and Raleigh.

I would also recommend Broadgate - so close to uni park campus and it is so big you will definitely be able to make loads of friends. Raleigh and St Peters are just too far afield and can be isolated, I didn't make any friends from there in my first year
retardis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I vote Raleigh, I'm there now and there's no problem making friends. I'm in the smallest block there so it's a nice community feel, we do movie nights and surprise birthday parties. It is what you make of it really. Cost wise Raleigh > BGP, a lot of people commute to UP and I bet you'll find someone on your course staying there.
waitforkate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TrafLaw)
Thanks for the advice, I've gone for broadgate park
ovoxojenny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Report Can anyone screenshot what rooms are still available in broadgate park ? I still haven't decided on firming notts but don't want there to be no accomadation left
BreadLoser
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Broadgate is close to West Entrance but it's still a fair walk to Trent and then another haul up past Portland and the bus stops before you get to the main campus buildings. It's a really nice walk though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)