The Student Room Group

German - Freetime (Freizeit) - GCSE Help (REPRETURNS)

I don't know how to construct my paragraphs to get an A*
I lost my script in where i got a B i think in Year 10
Really struggling with these sentences because i dont want something basic or generic.
Gehst du gern einkaufen?
Wie oft gehst du einkaufen?
Kaufst du gern Kleidung ein?
Wi kaufst du am liebsten deine Kleidung ein?
Ist der Preis oder das Label wichtiger?
Kaufst du manchmal im Internet ein?
Was hast du neulich gekauft?
I got an A* with the speaking for these questions or similar ones, the difference between my A grade for the writings and the A* for my speaking was humour, adding in sentences with exclamation marks like 'my dad thinks that he is extremely fashionable, but I am of a different opinion!' It's honestly so cheesy but it shows that you are confident enough in the language to make it flow, it makes it easier for the person marking it to read and understand. Hope you get the grade you want! x:smile:
I did A-Level German and I struggled to make sense of some of those! What exactly is it you're struggling with?
Original post by apricotnatalia
It's honestly so cheesy but it shows that you are confident enough in the language to make it flow

This is too true! I got A* on all of mine because my teacher literally made me add fake laughing and everything because it was being recorded; stuff like 'how rude!' or odd little comments really make a difference! Just as well you couldn't see me and her cringing whilst I was doing it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by princessmaire80
I did A-Level German and I struggled to make sense of some of those! What exactly is it you're struggling with?

answering them with good enough vocab i guess
Our teacher gave us a checklist to go through which examiners like to see for that elusive a*...
- relative clauses, especially in other cases
- infinitive constructions
- different tenses in the same sentence
- reflexive, separable and inseparable verbs in all tenses
- imperfect subjunctive
- genitive prepositions
- impersonal or passive phrases
- adjective endings after etwas, nichts, etc...
- weak nouns

Obviously you don't need to use all of these, but a good sprinkling of these should be good for range of language! For content they don't need much, just that paragraphs vaguely link together (so maybe start paragraphs with erstens, zweitens etc. or even just 'trotzdem....') and two explained opinions. Accuracy is what it says on the tin - be accurate.

Your questions look mean - but i'd go for something like 'früher bin ich oft einkaufen gegangen, aber jetzt finde ich einfacher, online Kleidung, die billiger sind, zu kaufen.' - perfect tense, infinitive, relative clause - :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest