Royal Vet college Watch

This discussion is closed.
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi is anyone going to the Royal Veterinary College, London this year? If so, could you get in touch...my email is [email protected]... Thanks
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello! Welcome etc. Just wanted to point out that it's nice to conduct these kinda convo's on the board - you never know who you may be helping out, it's a bit pointless if we all just emailed instead of discussing.
mjf
Rep:
?
OK, sorry...Im new to the board and didnt realise! No probs!
mjf
Rep:
?
Anyone at all?!?! LOL!
mjf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone...!?!?!?
mjf
Rep:
?
Hi, even if your not going if you know someone that is - could you tell them about this post or even email me...Thanks...
mjf
Rep:
?
Hi, Im still trying to find someone who is going or has applied before to the Royal Veterinary College, London.
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well, I applied there last year and got an offer, but unfortunately missed my grades, by about 2.5%! So I'm retaking my a levels at the moment, and I've just finished reapplying.
mjf
Rep:
?
Hey
Im doing the same!! LOL! Im retaking a couple of exams and taking Psychology A Level as well...I had offers from Bristol and Edinburgh, but I had to change schools and so missed out on both.
Can you email me on [email protected]? It would be good to know about RVC and that.
Rich1234
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Just browsing around and found this, my girlfriend just started there. Got a question?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rich1234)
Just browsing around and found this, my girlfriend just started there. Got a question?
lalala this is funni....
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi Rich, could you forward my email address to her? I just wanted some questions answered on accommodation, interviews and things basically around admissions?
Its [email protected], Many thanks.
Rich1234
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Might not be too useful there as she is a graduate entry from the states. All I know about entrants from the UK is what is on the site http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Courses/Undergr...ntranceReq.cfm. Check out the info on the BSc in Vet sciences if you don't make the grades for the BVetMed. Also getting some good animal experience is essential (local vet or something like that).
Suzy_vet
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Well I have an offer for 2004, but i also have an offer from cambridge which i think will be my first choice since im not totally sure about living in london, and cam seemed very nice. Is your offer for 2004 or are you already there?
mjf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Suzy_vet)
Well I have an offer for 2004, but i also have an offer from cambridge which i think will be my first choice since im not totally sure about living in london, and cam seemed very nice. Is your offer for 2004 or are you already there?
Hi Suzy_vet, Yeh I too have an offer from RVC and Edinburgh so far. I have an interview at Bristol next week, and then another at Liverpool a couple of weeks after. All my offers are for 2004 yeh. If you want you can email me [email protected]
Aylia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can see part of it over the feild from where I live if thats any help...
Suzy_vet
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
Hi Suzy_vet, Yeh I too have an offer from RVC and Edinburgh so far. I have an interview at Bristol next week, and then another at Liverpool a couple of weeks after. All my offers are for 2004 yeh. If you want you can email me [email protected]
Igot rejected from Edinburgh without even an interview. I think the vet schools share more info on whos given who offers than they let on. Bristol was tough, I think they have so many applicants. Got rejected! Where abouts are you from then?
mjf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Suzy_vet)
Igot rejected from Edinburgh without even an interview. I think the vet schools share more info on whos given who offers than they let on. Bristol was tough, I think they have so many applicants. Got rejected! Where abouts are you from then?
When did you hear from edinburgh and bristol? Did you get an interview at Bristol? Thing is that with these two universities in particular I think that everyone who applies for veterinary medicine will apply to Bristol and if they choose to study in scotland it will be to Edinburgh and so they get to choose the very best of the best candidates. Thats my thoughts on it anyway. I think at Bristol you really have to shine at interview - especially with their short interviews.
I dont think that they share information on the applicants - although when I was at edinburgh for my interview they asked me where else I had applied and if I had any other offers.
Im actually from Cornwall - but cant wait to go to the city and get a proper social life and get onto the course Ive dreamt about for such a long time! How about you? So where are you hoping to go to? Cambridge?
jen-vet
Report 15 years ago
Hi i'm goin to the royal vet college in september providing i get my grades, i also had an offer from bristol but london is my first choice and
i'm really excited!!!
Lisx
Report 15 years ago
I will be applying for 2006 entry, If you fancy a natter bout vet stuff any of you my email is [email protected] my msn is [email protected] if you want to add me.

I am half excited at the chance of applying half scared to death at the chance of rejection! Congrats to all you with offers for 2004 hopefully I'll get to meet you as a newbie first year as your in the middle of your course, xxx
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.65%
Excited (154)
9.1%
Worried (304)
17.97%
Terrified (376)
22.22%
Meh (162)
9.57%
Confused (37)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (232)
13.71%
Impatient (213)
12.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise