Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey i might be going to rvc in sept 04 as well!just need to get the grades! im waiting on a decision from liv (had interview yesterday) but i dont know which id chose if i did get into liv- trying not to think about it as the decision could be made for me! did u all get offered aab?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. RVC was my first choice for vet school, and I had an interview there last week. I found out the day after I have an unconditional offer! So thats great, and I am relieved. Does anyone know what the best accomodation is to apply for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelb)
    Hi. RVC was my first choice for vet school, and I had an interview there last week. I found out the day after I have an unconditional offer! So thats great, and I am relieved. Does anyone know what the best accomodation is to apply for??
    Hi - did you get in anywhere else? Depends on whether you want self catering so you could go for College Grove, or for catered in Intercollegiate I heard that Connaught Hall was meant to be good. If you want you can PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to RVC this year then too? Well i got straight out rejections from Bristol and Glasgow, I had an interview at Edinburgh last week but i haven't heard their decision yet...but basically RVC was my first choice so either way I am not that bothered! I am thinking of applying for camden grove...how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelb)
    Are you going to RVC this year then too? Well i got straight out rejections from Bristol and Glasgow, I had an interview at Edinburgh last week but i haven't heard their decision yet...but basically RVC was my first choice so either way I am not that bothered! I am thinking of applying for camden grove...how about you?
    Hi I have offers from Bris, edinb, RVC and Liverpool and think that I will be choosing Liverpool. I liked RVC only I think that it is too expensive really for me and my parents - liverpool being the cheapest out of all of them. I think I may have gone for the intercollegiate halls - possibly as I dont trust my cooking! Saying that the rooms at College Grove in Camden are meant to be really nice - but again quite pricey.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. its so hard to choose if you have offers at all! Because they are all so good....i basically guess you end up choosing on relatively unimportant (relative to getting into vet school!) things such as cost etc. i love london (i live in amsterdam now) and i am v. much looking forward to the city life in another capital, for the first two yrs at least anyway!
    wish u all the luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Marvin. I have an offer to go there too, think i told you!
    Dan

ReputationRep:
    i had an interview at rvc in oct, and got an offer in nov. since then iv only had one letter, which came last month, just confirming my offer and giving term dates-u prob know the one! u were talking about accomodation, so i was just wondering if anyone has heard from the college about that? i want to know if il get accomodation because i live only about an hour outside london (brentwood) and i know they said not everyone can get a place. have u heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in the same position as you because I live in bedfordshire which is fairly near to london (30mins fast train). RVC's my first choice but I really don't want to have to commute every day, esp. when based at camden. I'm going to the hawkshead open day on 20th march so I'm hoping I might find out more there.

ReputationRep:
    do u know how flexible the college are about exam results, because iv heard conflicting stories! some people say if you meet your grades but in the wrong subjects they will still take you, but iv heard other people say thats not true. any ideas? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess W)
    do u know how flexible the college are about exam results, because iv heard conflicting stories! some people say if you meet your grades but in the wrong subjects they will still take you, but iv heard other people say thats not true. any ideas? thanks.
    As far as I know and have been told - they are usually pretty flexible as long as you get the A in chem.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm hoping to study vertinary medicine too. Im only in my AS year atm but could you give me some advice on work experience required?

The prospectuss' of most of the unviersities say you need around 6-10weeks of varied experience - veterinary practice, farm, etc.
    But then some people say you need years of experience.

I mean, its hard enough getting a few weeks at a vets practice nevermind years, here in Northern Ireland all work experience places are filled months in advance.

How much workexperience have those of you who have offers done?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Hi, even if your not going if you know someone that is - could you tell them about this post or even email me...Thanks...
    I have two friends going to the london vet college this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I have two friends going to the london vet college this year.
    Do they have any other offers for Vet Med?

ReputationRep:
    hiya other vet people, i was just wondering wot everyone else is doing now?

people who have all your decisions, where are u choosing?

anyone else is still waiting for a decision from any of the vet schools?

personally, im still waiting for a decision from liverpool, but im thinking at the moment that il prob put down rvc as my first choice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from liverpool!! yah :-)! its for entry in 2005 tho, even tho i didnt apply for deferred entry. has anyone else had the same offer? im still undecided as to where to go, but im thinking rvc at the mo still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawk)
    Hi,

I'm hoping to study vertinary medicine too. Im only in my AS year atm but could you give me some advice on work experience required?

The prospectuss' of most of the unviersities say you need around 6-10weeks of varied experience - veterinary practice, farm, etc.
    But then some people say you need years of experience.

I mean, its hard enough getting a few weeks at a vets practice nevermind years, here in Northern Ireland all work experience places are filled months in advance.

How much workexperience have those of you who have offers done?

Thanks for your help
    hiya,

do you have amy lambing experience? im just asking because lambing is valued by the universities, but the farm i help on is lambing now, so if you want lambing experience you need to act quickly as i think most farms lamb around this time! if you have trouble finding a sheep farm you could try asking your local vets if they have any contacts.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.