Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend's friend kissed me - should I tell him? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday evening my boyfriend's friend told me that he loved me and he kissed me. I pulled away, but should I tell my boyfriend?

I feel like my boyfriend will say it's my fault, and I don't want to ruin his relationship with his friend.

He comes back tomorrow... What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    You didn't pull away.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really hard situation but honesty can go a long way, I think you might have to tell him

ReputationRep:
    How come you met up with your boyfriend's friend? Something's not right...

ReputationRep:
    Tell him. Honesty is a lot better than hiding it, even if nothing much happened. If he tries to blame you or whatever, that's on him not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coupdetat123)
    You didn't pull away.
    She wouldn't be having this 'dilemma' otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtwinkletoesx)
    How come you met up with your boyfriend's friend? Something's not right...
    I'm living in his apartment whilst my mum's flat is being redone. He lives with his band mates.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapullmanxx)
    Yesterday evening my boyfriend's friend told me that he loved me and he kissed me. I pulled away, but should I tell my boyfriend?

I feel like my boyfriend will say it's my fault, and I don't want to ruin his relationship with his friend.

You must tell him without hesitation. To not do so would make you complicit in his friends act of dishonour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    Really hard situation but honesty can go a long way, I think you might have to tell him
    It's really not.

ReputationRep:
    Your username's Georgiapullmanxx and in your OP you essentially pulled a guy and also pulled away from him after he kissed? Am I the only one who sees this?

ReputationRep:
    you definitely need to tell him tbh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapullmanxx)

lol don't tell him, nothing good will come of it. Tell his friend to back off and if he makes another move then you'll tell your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Your username's Georgiapullmanxx and in your OP you essentially pulled a guy and also pulled away from him after he kissed? Am I the only one who sees this?
    Nope, TSR is usually oblivious to it :/

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you confront the friend who kissed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0zzu)
    Tell him. Honesty is a lot better than hiding it, even if nothing much happened. If he tries to blame you or whatever, that's on him not you.
    What do I say if he tries and blames me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    How should i bring it up? He comes home this evening :/

ReputationRep:
    Why would he want to try and blame you? Some boyfriend. You've obviously done something behind his back

ReputationRep:
    You get kissed by some drunk guy, it happens, even in a moment of drunkeness maybe you kiss back, but let us be honest with ourselves, you almost certainly put yourself in the situation, you knew what you were doing and now you're trying to cover it up. I've had girls tell me situations like these, yes maybe the guy came on to you and not the other way around, but it's easy to see why when you're drunkenly alone with him playfighting on his bed and have been following him around all day like a lost puppy isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chamberling)
    You get kissed by some drunk guy, it happens, even in a moment of drunkeness maybe you kiss back, but let us be honest with ourselves, you almost certainly put yourself in the situation, you knew what you were doing and now you're trying to cover it up. I've had girls tell me situations like these, yes maybe the guy came on to you and not the other way around, but it's easy to see why when you're drunkenly alone with him playfighting on his bed and have been following him around all day like a lost puppy isn't it?
    There was no drinking at all, and you are making me sound like a slut.

He told me he "loved" me and kissed me. I haven't told my boyfriend yet and I've already spoken to his friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.