Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What would u do if someone took their anger out on your belongings ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say if someone , a close friend, boyfriend or girlfriend lost their temper.....took something really expensive of yours and smashed it what would U do???

Smash something of there's?
    Never talk to them again?
    Make them replace it?
    Forgive them and warn them if they do it again your done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Say if someone , a close friend, boyfriend or girlfriend lost their temper.....took something really expensive of yours and smashed it what would U do???

Make them replace it?
    I'm afraid they'd receive a quick scope from my ACOG intervention

ReputationRep:
    Angry at first, then probably give them a dose of silent-treatment too.
    Guilt trip them into forking out a replacement and probably something extra to gain my forgiveness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    I'm afraid they'd receive a quick scope from my ACOG intervention
    Sorry but home is where its at and that would be the AWP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    Angry at first, then probably give them a dose of silent-treatment too.
    Guilt trip them into forking out a replacement and probably something extra to gain my forgiveness
    I'm so dumb I didn't even give me silent treatment I'm just like ohhhhhh it's okkkkk it's just matieral things that can be replaced. You know, trying to be level headed

Be very unimpressed. is this the loser ex/current of yours?
    I would expect a replacement ofc theres no context of who, what or why (not asking).

If it was an ex and i was particularly unimpressed i would involve the police and press charges plus sue them at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Be very unimpressed. is this the loser ex/current of yours?
    I would expect a replacement ofc theres no context of who, what or why (not asking).

If it was an ex and i was particularly unimpressed i would involve the police and press charges plus sue them at the same time.
    I think they are back together.

I look forward to the next chapter in the Xobeauty Chronicles

ReputationRep:
    I'm so dumb I didn't even give me silent treatment I'm just like ohhhhhh it's okkkkk it's just matieral things that can be replaced. You know, trying to be level headed
    That's a good attitude tbh if you can cope with it. What's done is done, right? No use in crying over spilt milk.

But still, go break your ming vase, not mine okei?

ReputationRep:
    forgive but never forget

probably bring it up if there's an argument in the future and then hit them with a frying pan

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I think they are back together.

I look forward to the next chapter in the Xobeauty Chronicles
    Then I would think it comes with the territory as you would have lost any credibility to expect normal standards to apply. I wouldnt be with such a person so its incredibly artifical to ask what you would do. Its messed up.

ReputationRep:

Make them replace it?
    Remove them from my life asap. Can't deal with mofos with anger issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Make them replace it?
    Ugh i did that to my boyfrined. he was really angry. but we are good now

ReputationRep:

Make them replace it?
    All of the above plus a quick punch to the neck.

ReputationRep:
    They either replace it or they talk to the police, their choice.

I cant see why you shouldnt expect an unconditional and sincere apology plus a replacement. More difficult if its something sentimental.

ReputationRep:
    Harry smashed up some of Dumbledore's belongings and all he did was stand there and do nothing.

it would depend how sentimental the item was to me.

ReputationRep:

Make them replace it?
    1)I'd have to defend my belongings in some way.
    2) make them replace it
    3) happy days

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather they took their anger out in some productive way.
    However, taking it out on my belongings is better than them taking it out on me directly.
    What I would do is dependent on the who, what, why, the sentimental value of the object... etc

ReputationRep:
    If someone breaks something of mine whether accidental or deliberate I insist they pay for the replacement. If the value is to small to justify taking legal action then they either replace it or I just don't speak to them again. If i can justify legal action for the value of the item and they won't replace the item I take legal action.

Now if this was a legitimate accident and the person really struggles or would struggle to afford the replacement and I can afford it I would tend to forgive them and tell them not to worry about it.

But in temper or not if someone breaks something of mine intentionally doesn't matter their situation I will insist they replace it.

If it is a romantic partner then I seriously have to question what a long term relationship with then would be like are they just going to brake my stuff every time we have an argument? That's really not the life I want.

I think the only exception I could take along these lines would be if they are mentally ill in which case some might argue that counts as accidental or if they are just too powerful to mess with, in which case I'd avoid this person as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    You touch my things, you die.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.