Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Being withdrawn final year Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there...i would be very grateful if someone can help me with this.

My sister is in her final year at the university and have had a really tough year subsequently she was unable to attend classes. She received a letter of withdrawal yesterday. Her last maintenance grants etc is scheduled to be paid last week in April. Will the university inform SFE or should she do it herself ? Will she be paid since it's her last instalment or will she be asked to make a repayment?

She's undergoing counselling to deal with her depression at the moment. Could anyone shed a bit of light on these

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carmenb)
    Hi there...i would be very grateful if someone can help me with this.

My sister is in her final year at the university and have had a really tough year subsequently she was unable to attend classes. She received a letter of withdrawal yesterday. Her last maintenance grants etc is scheduled to be paid last week in April. Will the university inform SFE or should she do it herself ? Will she be paid since it's her last instalment or will she be asked to make a repayment?

She's undergoing counselling to deal with her depression at the moment. Could anyone shed a bit of light on these

Many thanks
    University will inform SFE of withdrawal, but it's always good practice for the person to also inform them of the situation.

SFE most likely won't pay the last instalment as she won't be in attendance, and that's what the funding is there to cover. They may even ask for previous instalment to be repaid depending on the situation.

I know it's difficult, but get on the phone to them and explain the situation. They will tell you what they need from you. Then make an effort to get it to them ASAP, as it can take a while to get sorted, and is known for being a hassle when it's more complicated than the most basic scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ever so much for this. I am most grateful.

QUOTE=ChristopherHuey;70605984]University will inform SFE of withdrawal, but it's always good practice for the person to also inform them of the situation.

SFE most likely won't pay the last instalment as she won't be in attendance, and that's what the funding is there to cover. They may even ask for previous instalment to be repaid depending on the situation.

I know it's difficult, but get on the phone to them and explain the situation. They will tell you what they need from you. Then make an effort to get it to them ASAP, as it can take a while to get sorted, and is known for being a hassle when it's more complicated than the most basic scenario.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Make sure the university knows the situation as well. I don't know what your sister wants but it may be possible for her to take a long leave of absence and complete the course at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    Will inform her of your suggestion..thank you.
    She's very concerned about payment and wanted to know if the last instalment of her grants which is next month will be paid..etc

Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.