Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is a decent salary? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boonkoh)
    IF a graduate starting salary is only 12,000 pounds a year, then why bother going to uni?
    These days with so many graduates, in terms of your employability if you get a 2.2 from a lower end university in most cases you may as well not have bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    These days with so many graduates, in terms of your employability if you get a 2.2 from a lower end university in most cases you may as well not have bothered.
    Unless you go into something like teaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Good luck! Are you planning to study law after your gap? If you you are one very sensible young lady! You will be uber employable with sustained work experience under your belt .

Try to save something

Fx
    Yeah I am. Don't know where yet though!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You could let us know how it goes. I think I prefer more academic experience in law myself
    Well I have already got a A Level Law and I didn't really want to go back to College. I know the basics and will continue to read up on it. :rolleyes:
    I thought I should get some experience in a City law firm as it will increase my chances later after I have done the degree

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been told I should take some work experience during my retakes but I don't live in a big town so I have fewer places to go to than London for example. Will give it a look.
    Shall I figure out where you live by the co-ordinates you hvae supplied? I bet that would freak you out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Shall I figure out where you live by the co-ordinates you hvae supplied? I bet that would freak you out!
    No it won't. Assuming I live at the figures given in the location field......

ReputationRep:
    No it won't. Assuming I live at the figures given in the location field......
    hahaha....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Unless you go into something like teaching.
    or Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    or Engineering
    Beat me too it

If you look on a lot of graduate schemes they say that they require a 2:1 for most degrees and then ask for a 2:2 in an Engineering subject.

And can people stop saying if you get less than a 2:1 you've basically just wasted 4 years of your life and should of just become a bin man when you were 16 its just such bull***t!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)

And can people stop saying if you get less than a 2:1 you've basically just wasted 4 years of your life and should of just become a bin man when you were 16 its just such bull***t!
    Well if your game's not engineering then you have, haven't you?

When I think back to the people I knew who got desmond's at uni I always think, 'why did you bother coming here? you could have at least tried!'

the desmond is the degree of the bright dosser, but this is probably only true at red bricks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Well if your game's not engineering then you have, haven't you?

When I think back to the people I knew who got desmond's at uni I always think, 'why did you bother coming here? you could have at least tried!'

the desmond is the degree of the bright dosser, but this is probably only true at red bricks.
    Its not just about the mark you come away with its about the experiences you had there, like would you of moved out at 18 if you'd of not gone to uni, learnt how to live on your own. I doubt i'd even be able to iron if it'd not been for uni

http://www.uk-learning.net/t54145.html

ReputationRep:
    Depends. The normal salary is about 25 k per year in the civilian working class sector.

P.S. This is my 100th post. I am now a FULL MEMBER!!! wheee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGeadie)
    Depends. The normal salary is about 25 k per year in the civilian working class sector.

P.S. This is my 100th post. I am now a FULL MEMBER!!! wheee!
    So the average salary for all workers is 25k? Cool.

ReputationRep:
    So the average salary for all workers is 25k? Cool.
    No way is that true. The average is closer to 10k from what i remember.

Its not just about the mark you come away with its about the experiences you had there, like would you of moved out at 18 if you'd of not gone to uni, learnt how to live on your own. I doubt i'd even be able to iron if it'd not been for uni
    sadly it didn't teach you the difference between "have" and "of".

ReputationRep:

I wish i took my education seriously. I just wanted OUT, had enough. So after college i got myself a 12k job, did some partying, traveled etc, enjoyed it.
    Now i'm starting to think about my future. So at the moment i'm considering joining the RAF or going to Uni to get myself a degree and hopefully get myself a well paid job. If both of those don't go through i'll play poker online. (I know someone who earns $100,000 a year from playing poker online)

Yeah well we can't all be ********s like you can we.
    hey, at least I'm a literate ********

ReputationRep:
    calm down, calm down. it's all good fun no arguing lets be friends!

(Original post by shiny)
    calm down, calm down. it's all good fun no arguing lets be friends!
    ehehe I'm not arguing ...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.