The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Pharmacy

Hi just wanted some student views on pharmacy at Hudds.

1)first how are you finding the course from a levels
2) are the lectures easy to approach, helpful and interesting
3) what happens if you fail the first year. do u resit some modules or soma?
4) i heard you need like 70% in some modules. what happens if you do not get this? How many resit attempts to do get?
5) are timetables well strctured? Wat are they like?
6) How and how often are you assesed?
6)
7) in general hows the course at Hudds
Thanks in advance!
Have you tried TSR connect?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect

Just a couple of general points:
Timetables will vary year on year depending on a number of different factors. Resits may be possible for some modules again depending on some factors but generally you only get one resit if at all. And no you won't need to get 70% in modules though in some cases that may be the cut off to take the subject at a higher level the next year.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by qa9891
Hi just wanted some student views on pharmacy at Hudds.

1)first how are you finding the course from a levels
2) are the lectures easy to approach, helpful and interesting
3) what happens if you fail the first year. do u resit some modules or soma?
4) i heard you need like 70% in some modules. what happens if you do not get this? How many resit attempts to do get?
5) are timetables well strctured? Wat are they like?
6) How and how often are you assesed?
6)
7) in general hows the course at Hudds
Thanks in advance!

Hey, I just finished my first year of the pharmacy course at Huddersfield so this is what I think
1) They're some modules on the course that are similar to A-Level mainly Biology and Chemistry but there are also some modules that are totally different so you're learning them from the ground up
2)Lectures honestly are boring not because of the content just in general lectures are boring. Although, some lecturers makes it a bit better and it depends what topics you enjoy
3)Depends what you fail on but exams and coursework can be resubmitted or re-sat so you should be ok
4) You only need to get 70% on two things that's the Dispensing exam and the Maths test which is part of the Pharmacy Practice Module for each of this you get two resits attempts. The maths is very easy and the dispensing of you revise a bit you should be fine and for the rest of that module you need 50%. Rest of the module you only need 40% to pass.
5)You're in uni basically everyday although from time to time you get a day off here and there. Depending on the day you can get like 8-6 days or you can have only one lecture one day and that's it. It depends how they sort it out really but compared to other courses Pharmacy have a lot of hours
6)You get coursework assessments throughout the year and the dispensing and maths test comes around Feb/Mar time you also have to do presentation in a group the work you get to do to assessed throughout the year is manageable but we only get exams after Easter we don't have any January exams
7)It's a great course in general you get quite a lot of work but it's worth it and you expect as much when this course leads directly into a profession. You meet a lot of great people and just enjoy it. My advice is just to keep on top of your work and go through lecture notes throughout the year or way before exams because there's quite a lot of content to go through for the exams, you don't want to be cramming it all in at the end like I did haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending